wetsuit hangers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I built them into my PVC drying rack. I built the entire drying rack for lots less than the cost of one special hanger. I do have a couple hangers I take on trips.

I bought a bunch of those UK hangers. A couple of each type. When I'm done diving I put the gear i the rinse tank (a large trash can) and then later, maybe the next morning before work, put each thing out and put it on a hanger and hange to dry. Wetsuits are always hung up inside out. When it's dry I put it back in the gear bag until the next dive. Using this system my gear spends most of it's life on the hanger as it takes 48 hours to get 100 % dry and I'm diving twice a week. looking at wear my suits starting to fail. It's the ankles, wrists and neck and the exterior nylon fades and abrades. After about 200+ uses the UK hanger has left no mark on the shoulders

I think the UK hangers are good. I've broken quite a few plastic hangers. The ones the suits come with dont last long UV sunlight kil them or the wire hook bends. I figure that if I am going to use something 100 times a year I'll spend $6.00 and I think they even have a lifetime warenty

I did make a glove and boot dryer out of PVC pipe. With a heat gun yo can bend th pipe to any shape. I drilled many holes for air cirulation and now when I get to the dive site I have dry boots and glove.

Took a thick plastic hanger and a foam swimming pool noodle. Cut 2 lengths of foam off the noodle. Split the foam noodle lengthwise down the center with a utility knife. Wrapped the foam around the shoulder of the hanger. Works great on BCs too.

mack50md:
Took a thick plastic hanger and a foam swimming pool noodle. Cut 2 lengths of foam off the noodle. Split the foam noodle lengthwise down the center with a utility knife. Wrapped the foam around the shoulder of the hanger. Works great on BCs too.

Thats what I do. I actually double up 2 identical plastic hangers because they will bend with a thick suit. I also cut the float lengthwise, but use a piece long enough to cover the entire hanger. Just punch a hole in the top of the float and then thread the hook(s) of the hager through that. A little duct tape and you are set. $15.00 for a hanger? I would rather spend the money on diving, not dive gear!

Get the UK hangers, they're only $5 and are damn near indestructable:

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/UKTS...vSrchSortField=Relevance&SortDesc=False&Hit=1

Or better yet, pay a dollar or two more at your LDS, where you don't pay $5-10 in S&H. :)

But yes, I have a 3mm wetsuit with permanent bumps in the shoulders from standard hangers (actually, the somewhat thicker, heavier suit hangers... still not wide enough). For me, it's worth a few more bucks to protect an investment of hundreds of dollars. So I went with the biggest, baddest one I could find:

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUE...vSrchSortField=Relevance&SortDesc=False&Hit=1

(purchased one of each from my LDS. I use the big one in my closet, for long tern storage, and I travel with the more compact version)

dumpsterDiver:
I also cut the float lengthwise, but use a piece long enough to cover the entire hanger. Just punch a hole in the top of the float and then thread the hook(s) of the hager through that.

Same here. And all this time I thought I was being original ...

-Klaus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom