Wetsuit for NE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCBnG

Registered
Reaction score
Could anyone suggest a good wetsuit for New England? I've been looking around, and with all of the advice, I was hoping to find someone that actually dives a wetsuit up here. I'm planning on going dry, as the rest of my diving experience is in the tropics right now (and I like the warm water best...), but I don't have the money right now.

I don't want to go with the farmer john though....I'll plan on using this suit when I travel after I get a drysuit. I'm hoping for no more than around $200-$250 for suit and hood....Let me know if anyone has any recommendation for this idea........ T

Thanks, and oh yes, I've been considering the Bare Artic 7mm, with a Bare 7mm Artic vest w/ hood....does anyone have any experience with the Bare Artic line?

Hi,

I don't know if they are available in New England, but Oceaner wetsuits are great. I've been using an oceaner 7mm (san Juan) for two years on the west coast of British Columbia, and I have never been cold. Go to www.oceaner.com to take a look.

Try looking in to the Akona wetsuits. They have received good reviews and seem to fall into your price range. I currently use a Henderson Semidry with a 5mm core warmer. It is more costly but somewhat warmer for me. You might just want to jump in with a lower cost dry suit like a Henderson, O'Neil, or Harveys 7mm. The cost is going to be more but it will be a heck of a lot warmer for you.

Good luck...

I dive with the Henderson 7mm semi-dry. It keeps me nice and warm on most dives.

Michael

The Bare Artic is a good inexpensive suit that is availaible in a huge range of sizes. It's not as strechy as the SGS or the velocity, but becasue it comes in 15 different sizes it shouldn't be an issue.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom