Wetsuit Fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcrist

Reaction score
I tried another Henderson on in the store, it wasn't the Hyperstretch but their Medium fit like a glove. When I went home and looked at their sizing chart I found I was at the high end of their medium (39 chest, 33 waist, 38 hips 5'11" - 1 inch over 5' 10" which the chart says) I'm actually perfect for a Medium-Large but I've never seen anyone selling a Medium-Large. Just Medium or Large. I decided to go with a Hyperstretch and ordered a medium. The thing fits like a glove except in one spot, right at the very base of the zipper in back there's pretty good size pocket of air. Since were I live in Seattle (this suit is for warm water diving) I only wear a dry suit, I haven't worn a wet suit in several years. I forgot if this little pocket at the base of the back is normal for a wet suit (it dissapears of course when you aren't standing straight up). It seems like the suit is pulled tight enough in the back that it prevents it from hugging my lower back just above my butt. But the curvature going from the top of the but to the lower back is so extreme there, I don't see how a properly fitting wet suit wouldn't have some airspace there. Otherwise there is absolutely no airspace anywhere else in the suit. I figured if anything, especially with the Hyperstretch, you want to go with the smaller size when you are borderline. This thing was so expensive, I just need some peace of mind from someone that knows wetsuit fitting.

I actually asked the exact same question about the Henderson Hyperstretch today in a thread I started. I'm new to diving, so I followed up with another LDS. The employee told me that this is completely normal and won't really matter because of the BCD/tank resting in that area and creating a closer fit.

As I said, I'm new to diving and just repeating info given to me. Anyone with other thoughts?

Thanks. Makes total sense. I feel like a geek. But these Henderson suits are just so expensive - peace of mind is definitely in order.

I know what you mean. I just bought a Henderson Aqua Suede Hyperstretch from LeisurePro and it's not cheap, but I really like how comfortably it fits.

I just bought a 3mm Gold Core for some island diving this summer. I tried on a Hyperstretch and a Gold Core. The hyperstretch didn't fit right but the same size Gold Core fit like a glove. Wierd.

It was easier to put on too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom