Wetsuit comparisons Solafx vs Nova Scotia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro Nova Scotia won't last. The T-zips begin to wear around the 200 dive mark and leaks; plus the glue comes unstuck. The hood begins to crumble from the inside. The second sleeve on the arm that keeps water out, tears on the edges. Otherwise it's a warm suit, fits well.
Aqualung SolaFx is difficult to get out of and I've seen rips in the hood from doing so. I would try the Deep 6, 7 mm as suggested.

200 dives is quite good IMHO (that's $720 / 200 dives = roughly $3.6 / dive - right now i'm paying $20/dive for the rental suit) . The solafx that I rent is warm but, as said, it's a pain to get in and out.

The Deep 6 is too long for me :banghead:
I wish they'd make more suits for short people!

200 dives is quite good IMHO (that's $720 / 200 dives = roughly $3.6 / dive - right now i'm paying $20/dive for the rental suit) . The solafx that I rent is warm but, as said, it's a pain to get in and out.

The Deep 6 is too long for me :banghead:
I wish they'd make more suits for short people!
Check the Waterproof brand with frontal zip. Great minds think alike. I did in fact buy another Novia Scotia 6.5 (hood included), used only 10 times, for the ridiculous price of $130 US. My other Scubapro semi dry will be used in warmer waters where cold water seepage isn't a problem. So I'm extending the life of the wetsuit out to another year or two.
Plus the Scubapro is easy to don/doff. Use a freezer bag on hands and feet to ease entry.

I'm looking to buy my first wetsuit for new england water and i'm considering these two.
I've been wearing a rental SolaFx (8/7mm) and I like it for the stretchiness and warmth but I dont like the hood-attached style very much.

Has one tried the scubapro Nova Scotia(7.5/6.5mm) ? Any complaints or comments?
Which one would you recommend between these two?
Any other recommendations welcomed, too! (I dive from May-Oct: water temp: 45F - 68F. I don't like cold but also don't like drysuit - too bulky!)

Edit: I've a small and short body frame (120 lbs , 5'2)
I dived in a 8mm wetsuit for 8 years in the UK a before getting a drysuit. I was often to cold to do a second dive, and there’s nothing worse that putting on a wet wetsuit.

If you get a made to measure drysuit it won’t be bulky, as for drag they’re no different than a wetsuit.

Back
Top Bottom