Wetsuit "collar" - *gasp!* - help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LuvDaOcean:
You guys are serious about stretching it. lol!

Well, it sounds like a good idea, but the suit is a rental. Am I being a "wussy polly-anna goody two-shoes" by thinking that I probably shouldn't mess with something that doesn't belong to me?
um
YES

LuvDaOcean:
You guys are serious about stretching it. lol!

Well, it sounds like a good idea, but the suit is a rental. Am I being a "wussy polly-anna goody two-shoes" by thinking that I probably shouldn't mess with something that doesn't belong to me?

oops - sry I kind of overlooked the fact that it was a rental... Kinda important to ask first - but who knows, maybe they will let you stretch it to fit - or as Pennypue put it ... keep smiling till they give you a larger one...

Tim

Don't stretch it, it's not your property.

Get another one.

The Kraken:
Don't stretch it, it's not your property.

Get another one.
If she wears it long enough she'll either stretch it with her neck or choke to death!!!

Pue,
It's a rental.
How many times will she wear it, 5, 6, 7?
To let a product distort over a period of time due to normal wear and tear is one thing, but to intentionally alter it is another.
If the product were altered, the dive shop could possibly assess the diver for damages, etc.

Answer is very simple - tell them you want another.

The Kraken:
Pue,
It's a rental.
How many times will she wear it, 5, 6, 7?
To let a product distort over a period of time due to normal wear and tear is one thing, but to intentionally alter it is another.
If the product were altered, the dive shop could possibly assess the diver for damages, etc.

Answer is very simple - tell them you want another.
I know. And I know you're right. But I"m being ornery and sassy. :)

I love LDO and I want her to have a great time diving. I'm willing to tick off the dive shop in favor of her. Bad Pue, go sit in the corner.........

Pue,
If you keep being so obstinate and intractible I'm going to have to come up there and, as the neighbor's wife said in "Neighbors" with John Belushi, "Pull down you little pants and spank your little buns . . ."

The Kraken:
Pue,
If you keep being so obstinate and intractible I'm going to have to come up there and, as the neighbor's wife said in "Neighbors" with John Belushi, "Pull down you little pants and spank your little buns . . ."
OMG, now that's taking matters into your own hands.

Good points on it being rental. I have a 3 mil that was too tight in the neck (probably since i think most shirts are also). I did the stretch thing, which kept it relatively comfortable for a couple days. Then had my bride get out the sewing machine and make the neck 3/4 inch larger..I added a little aquaseal, and now have a permanent good fit. Now I am only red-faced because of foolish mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom