Wetsuit Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RhodeDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am looking for some new 6-7mm boots and would like a little input. I would like to find a pair of boots that have really good traction on slippery rocks as I do have a number of places where I dive were I climb over large granite boulders.

I really like the 4th element pelagic and amphibian boots for wetsuit diving, they are 6.5mm and have a sole insert, very comfortable.

I just googled the amphibians. they get good reviews. thanks for putting them on my radar. I will have to see if any dive shops near me keep them in stock.

I've tried countless boots and although own both types I prefer the pelagic, they fit my narrow feet better. The amphibians are more heavy duty. The sizes seem to run small.

Damfino who made mine. But two caveats:

Metal zippers can freeze up really good over the winter, look for YKK plastic. Don't ask me how I know this or why I was diving with duct tape on my ankle.(G)

And the removeable inserts ARE very nice. Small nuisance, you have to remove them and replace them when you rinse and dry the booties, or else they trap water, stay damp forever, and breed mildew in there.

You can also apply "Shoe Goop" on the soles for traction, and to prevent wear. The stuff is similar to AquaSeal, but way cheaper, and very durable.

I really like the 4th element pelagic and amphibian boots for wetsuit diving, they are 6.5mm and have a sole insert, very comfortable.
I second this, I have fourth elements amphibian boot (pelagic with a hard sole) and it is unbelievably comfortable, has a sole insert, very warm and has a zip keeper to hold up zip. The only downside is it takes 2 days to dry the inside properly. It is 6.5 mm neoprene which is also stretchy so is easier to get foot into. Overall great boot

I second this, I have fourth elements amphibian boot (pelagic with a hard sole) and it is unbelievably comfortable, has a sole insert, very warm and has a zip keeper to hold up zip. The only downside is it takes 2 days to dry the inside properly. It is 6.5 mm neoprene which is also stretchy so is easier to get foot into. Overall great boot

Yes, in the cooler months I take the insole out to expedite drying.

put them on a boot dryer. They're fairly inexpensive and keep air moving through the inside of the boots

So I bought the fourth elements amphibian boots. I tried them on and they were just like wearing sneakers on land. I haven't dived with them seeing they don't fit in my fins. So I have new fins coming. thanks for the advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom