Wetsuit and Vest Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sonic04GT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a 3mm Evo full wetsuit in Medium. I picked up a 2mm Evo Hooded vest in Large for the moderately colder times. Now, do you wear the vest on the inside or outside of your wetsuit? I went one size up on the vest assuming that it would have to fit easily over my wetsuit. While dry, the L vest fits pretty well on the outside of my M wetsuit. How tight should the vest be if on the outside? It's decently snug, but I can still pull it away from my body fairly easily. Should I just get a medium vest regardless if it's worn on the inside or outside? It still has the tags on it.

Additionally, do you tuck your wetsuit into your boots or pull it over them? I have always dived just a long-sleeve rashguard and board shorts because the waters are about 85 degrees around here.

-!EVO%203MM%20Mens%20Scuba%20Wetsuit--119775782.jpg

1015-DEFAULT-m.jpg

Last edited:
Vest inside, booties inside.

The vest inside helps block water intrusion and the booties inside allow certain fluids to drain out, if you catch my drift.

Posted via Mobile Device

yeah i asked this sort of thing and vest goes under. sorry didn't answer sooner. good luck:D

I always tuck my boots. I dont exactly do the whole pee in the wet suit thing but it makes sense you would want it to drain LOL.

As for the hooded vest I am not the best source for that as I always wear a seperate hood and wetsuits that are appropriate for the temperature of the water by themself.

Wearing the vest inside also helps you to avoid getting a big air bubble under it when you do a giant stride that has to be burped out. I learned this the slow way...

I also wear the vest inside, not sure about the physics around it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom