Wet suit: What should I look for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fabitolindo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I am starting to get my gear, but I am having a little bit of trouble to decide which wet suit should I buy.
I am sure that I want a 2-piece 5mm suit, for girls... I just wanna know what else should I look for when buying a wet suit. Any recommended brands? features?

Thanks,
Karen

Get something with a good seal around the neck and wrists. My suit doesn't and after two dives and the suit streaches a little, and cold water rips down my back through the neck and floods the armpits through the sleeves. Brrrrr, gives me chill thinking about it!
Another nice feature would be zippers along the ankles. Sooo much easier to take off when wet, especially when standing half naked in public in a gravel parking lot, dancing on one bare foot!

Hope this helps...Todd

There are three things to consider when purchasing a wet suit, fit, fit and fit. Unless you are shaped just like the model used to design the suit get a custom fited suit. A suit that doesn't fit won't keep you warm and it can trap air fooling you into wearing more weight than you really need. Zippers do make donning easier but they leak. I personally like them but there is a trade-off. With luck a high quality suit will be made of better rubber and last longer. BTW, did I mention how important fit is.

Did Mike mention fit. I agree wholehartedly if water flows through you are cold. No if ands ob buts about that. I argued with the wife and she is now awaiting her custom made suit. If she gets cold, I don't get wet with her. It is a lot of fun that we dive together, so her comfort is important.

P.S. did Mike mention fit :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom