Wet Connectors for Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldsmoke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

I am looking for a source for wet connectors similar to the one in the link below but less expensive. I just can't see paying $70 for 3 feet of SO cord and a plug. Surely there is a cheaper way to do this.

Ideally, I am trying to find a plug or pigtail to fit the wet connectors that DiveRite uses, but if I can't find the same perhaps I can rig something up.

Thanks

Hunter

http://www.niteriderdive.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DLI&Product_Code=4167&Category_Code=ACCES

yeah, that's what I'm looking for. Is there a place you can get them that aren't so expensive? $50 for cord is a lot. Especially since I can get it at the hardware store for about $3 (not including the connector). Perhaps the connectors are really that expensive.

amascuba:
Those kind suck. Impulse connectors are better.

coldsmoke:
yeah, that's what I'm looking for. Is there a place you can get them that aren't so expensive? $50 for cord is a lot. Especially since I can get it at the hardware store for about $3 (not including the connector). Perhaps the connectors are really that expensive.
Yes they are that expensive. I bought impulse connectors for my suit heater and I dropped about $140 for two sets.

Well, I really don't need the connector. It's for a light and I can't imagine that I am going to swap heads enough to make it worth it. The reason I am trying to find the connectors is because I don't want to have to tear into the ballast box for the light head. Anyone know how hard it is to get into the ballast box and deal with the potting material of a DiveRite HID head about 5-6 years old? I don't know the model number.

Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom