Wet boots in SP Jetfins. Help sizing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Major_Tom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all I'm planing to order Jetfins for myself. I'll use them mostly with 6mm wet boots (Orion/Waterproof) I'm euro size 43/44 and I wonder what size fins to order L or XL. Is there a someone in the similar position that can help me choose the right one ? Thank you.

I would recommend going with XL fins. That will give you a larger foot pocket to play with. My JetFins are XLs, and my wet boots fit into them just fine.

I bought a new set of rock boots for my dry suit recently and I actually need larger springs to get them to fit with my fins.

i would agree with spartandiver. i have l jets and (women's, i dunno if euro sizing takes gender into consideration but i don't think so) wear a 37. so with 5mm boots, a large fits, but with my drysuit boots, a large is too snug and very hard to get back off.

my lovely boyfriend got me some xl & will be bringing them to me to try this weekend for valentine's...

L will definitely be too small for you. XL should work for you.

And do consider putting spring staps onto the Jets. They just make the fin more lovely.

It think the Jets run a bit small. I wear a size 8.5 shoe, but with dry suit soft booties, and a size 9 rubber soled dive booties over that, I need XL jets.

I don't like the fit of jets, but that is for you to decide. My philosophy is try before you buy if at all possible. Some friends of mine are very happy with the XS Scuba Power fin. At $80 it's a good deal if it is comfortable.

The other strange thing about size L Jetfins is that the paddle part of the fins are noticeably smaller than on the XLs.

FWIW. I wear the US size ML/9 Scubapro Molded Sole Boots (IIRC that translates to a 43 or 44?) and I agree with Ron that the fit of the footpockets of the XLs is just a little funny. I find them not quite tall enough, which seems to have something to do with the way the shape of the end of the pocket tapers down. Boots with a rubberized top seem to "stick" when taking the XL Jetfins off.

Still, I have a pair of XL Jets and a pair of XL Slipstreams and a pair of L Hollis F1's on the way (XLs were too large), plus XL Frogs, and XL Powerfins, and ML ProLites and ... well... you get the idea. :)

Oh, and +1 on the springstraps, they make a world of difference.

Thank you all. I think i'll order XL, I know it's better to try first but here in Bulgaria the equipment in the classic stores are at least two times expensive than the online stores and at this time I don't have a friend around me using them.
Thank you again

I'd say XL definitely, in the current jets

The determining factor is your boots, not your shoe size

I wear 9.5 shoes (42 Euro I think) but have L jets

I use 3mm booties with a thin rubber sole on the bottom

I've tried booties with a moulded sole, and there's no way they fit into my fins - too wide

SP changed the size of the foot pocket a while back, with the current fins having a much smaller pocket

So if you get 'old stock' jets, maybe L would be the right size for you then

As someone observed, the paddle size is significantly different between the sizes; that's an odd design choice IMO - I'm 6' 80kg, but have a smaller paddle than friends similar sizes, because they wear booties with moulded soles :confused

I'd second the spring straps recommendation. I bought Halcyon ones, but if I was doing it again might get XS Scuba ones instead - peening over the pins was a PITA

Personally, I would go XXL - these fins run very small footpockets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom