West Palm Pics -- December 23, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr. Doug Ebersole

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
For those of you struggling through the inclement weather blanketing the United States the last few days, here are some photos from West Palm yesterday where it was partly cloudy and 80 degrees with 2 foot seas and 76 degree water. You just can't beat it! Merry Christmas everyone!

crw_1777a.jpg

crw_1767a.jpg

crw_1827a.jpg

crw_1810a.jpg

Here is a link to other photos from the day:
http://debersole.com/layout/0001/gallery_view.cfm?g=98

Nice photos, are batfish commom in that area? Was that a shore or boat dive?

Those are AMAZING shots....... Thank you for sharing and making me homesick :D

Beautiful pictures, Doug. I'll be feeling bad for you, wondering how to stay cool in the sweltering sun:light: , while I'm out in the 28 degree air pumping up my boat to get into the 52 degree water.:coffee:

Thanks for the pics. I wish I could have been there with you when you took them.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Larry -- 28 degree temps and 52 degree water? I'm WAY too much of a warm water wussie to dive with you!!!!! The water here was 76 and I was in my 5mm suit!

Crawl79 -- The first two shots (the polka-dot batfish and the scrawled filefish) were both taken under the Blue Heron Blvd Bridge, a very popular spot among local divers. It's a shore dive under a small span crossing part of the Intracoastal Waterway. According to the fish ID books, polka-dot batfish are "rare" in Florida but they are pretty common under the bridge.

Mike -- As luck would have it I was out with an underwater photography student who was trying to learn the basics. He admires all of your work and is even trying to capture your "look". He's got your hair! Here he is on South Doubles in West Palm. HaHaHa :)

crw_1802a.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom