West Palm Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hypnodean

Registered
Reaction score
Will be staying in West palm for some diving the end of the month. Anyone familiar with the area have any suggestions for non-diving things to do when I am dry?

PM me... or reply here if you think others would be intersted

Dean

hypnodean--
Depends on your idea of fun.
For food and people watching, downtown has CityPlace, a grouping of restaurants, shops, movie theater, bars, Comedy Club etc. There's a trolley that will take you (for free) between there and the rest of downtown--for drinks on the water (intracoastal, not ocean), Bradley's is usually the place.
For more sedate fun, the Flagler Museum is just over the bridge, only open on weekdays; or just take a drive up and down the "island"...see Trump's house, Estee Lauder, my personal favorite Jimmy Buffett, etc., and gander at all the rich people's hangouts.
A little more of a drive away, there are several orange groves just a little south of West Palm (Boynton/Lake Worth) that I often take out of town visitors to...they give tram tours through the groves and have the fresh fruit stands, if that's your thing.
There's also tours of the Everglades, but the furthest north option closest to West Palm is still about an hour away....

But if you're just looking for "hanging around" options, I'd definitely recommend CityPlace...a bit overpriced, but ok for the short term.

hypnodean:
Will be staying in West palm for some diving the end of the month. Anyone familiar with the area have any suggestions for non-diving things to do when I am dry?

PM me... or reply here if you think others would be intersted

Dean

Hypnodean,

As has been said CityPlace is neat place to hang out. Also the old downtown area of West Palm has a lot of interesting stores.

If you're a golfer PGA Village has some great tracks.
And...there's always the beach.

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom