West Palm Beach Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba65

Contributor
Reaction score
:06: Could anyone please be so kind to tell me how the diving in WPB is? is it all drift diving or is there regular diving also? any info would be appreciated. thanks

I thought drift diving was regular diving in WPB? :eyebrow:

I've been on drift dives and "regular" dives in WPB, it depends on where you're at.

Have you done a nice slow drift dive? If not, you need to come to WPB. Don't think all dift dive is at mack 1. When I usually dive in WPB, it is usually a nice slow to medium current. It is managable enough to swim against the current for a short distance if needed. To me, it is very relaxing. I just wished I could get the Pina Colada down there.

Drift diving (actually float diving) is the rule in WPB. The only time I did not do a float dive was when it was a wreck dive. Still, my favorite dive in the area is the Blue Heron Bridge.

Scuba65:
:06: Could anyone please be so kind to tell me how the diving in WPB is? is it all drift diving or is there regular diving also? any info would be appreciated. thanks

OH Ya !!They do Drift dives and Reg dives,you have the Gulfstream so close,and well some great viz-
A place I would get to that runs out of Boyton Beach=
www.splashdowndivers.com
They run a good operation-Scuba Kev Posts a daily trip report that makes me feel like i am on the boat from from over 1800 miles away! See Boyton beach report a few pages back he has not been posting well we all know why!
I wish them all well and will be down real soon!

Scuba65:
:06: Could anyone please be so kind to tell me how the diving in WPB is? is it all drift diving or is there regular diving also? any info would be appreciated.
You can find many comments on WPB boats in this earlier thread.

Some info on dive sites.

Mostly drift diving, pulling a ball & flag for all of the dive since there is pretty heavy boat traffic. Valet pickup at the end of the dive -- a blessing for us navigationally challenged divers :wink:

IMO, SE Florida diving beats the Keys. Long, lazy drift dives. Perhaps 45' on top of the reef, but most of the interesting stuff is on either the inside (60-70') or outside (80'ish) edges.

Both The Rampage and A1A put a DM into the water pulling a ball. I've been told that 1 DM in the water per 12 divers is a requirement of the insurance company that most WPB boats use. A1A Palm Beach Charters are a nice bunch of guys, but want you back up in the 45 or 50 minute range. The Rampage was OK with our 70 minute dives.

The boats going out of Boynton Inlet are willing to put out a ball for each group, don't put DMs into the water, and don't seem to mind dives in the 70 minute range. My Boynton and Lantana favorites are Starfish and Splashdown.

http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gallery/montages/people/aug_2004/080904616xs.jpg

Charlie99:
The boats going out of Boynton Inlet are willing to put out a ball for each group, don't put DMs into the water, and don't seem to mind dives in the 70 minute range. My Boynton and Lantana favorites are Starfish and Splashdown.
Hey, nice pic! Thanks for the plug too. I would like to mention though that we do put DM's in the water, but do not compell our customers to dive with them. It was nice having you out.

no work , all play...... dirft the day away and let the boat come back for you when your all done..... wooohooo!

We call it "lazy man's diving"... No swimming required... then at the surface... just call "Taxi!!!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom