West End

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can anyone give me the name of a dive shop on West End?

I'm looking to do a one tank dive when I am there for one day in March.
I have non divers with me, but, I can break away for one dive. Thanks so much.

What time? We dove with Coconut Tree Divers, they do 2 tanks in the AM and 1 tank at 1PM. If they have enough divers (usually) they'll do another around 2:30. Coconut Tree Divers - PADI 5-Star IDC Dive Resort on Roatan, Honduras Good people - Gay [user]cocaloca[/user] and her husband PJ own it. There's an outdoor shower and a bathroom upstairs in the back to change clothes.

btw, "enough" meant 4 for us once. But my group was the majority of their business all week so that may have been a factor. If you get on the late boat ask them to dive Texas - it's a drift dive near West Bay. There may not be enough time for them to do it on the 1:00 dive.

They're in the heart of the West End - right where the road enters "town". It's also across the street from the taxi stand. During the day there were almost always cabs waiting. The non-divers will have a bunch of shops/restaurants/bars to browse while you're gone.

Reef Gliders is also right there on main street. They do 3 single dives at 9:30, 11:30 and 2:30. It's panga diving. Roatan dive sites from West End Boats for either one are literally across the street - just off Half Moon Bay Beach.

What time? We dove with Coconut Tree Divers, they do 2 tanks in the AM and 1 tank at 1PM. If they have enough divers (usually) they'll do another around 2:30. Coconut Tree Divers - PADI 5-Star IDC Dive Resort on Roatan, Honduras Good people - Gay [user]cocaloca[/user] and her husband PJ own it. There's an outdoor shower and a bathroom upstairs in the back to change clothes.

btw, "enough" meant 4 for us once. But my group was the majority of their business all week so that may have been a factor. If you get on the late boat ask them to dive Texas - it's a drift dive near West Bay. There may not be enough time for them to do it on the 1:00 dive.

They're in the heart of the West End - right where the road enters "town". It's also across the street from the taxi stand. During the day there were almost always cabs waiting. The non-divers will have a bunch of shops/restaurants/bars to browse while you're gone.

Reef Gliders is also right there on main street. They do 3 single dives at 9:30, 11:30 and 2:30. It's panga diving. Roatan dive sites from West End Boats for either one are literally across the street - just off Half Moon Bay Beach.

Excellent information. I'll write to them. I can make a 1:00 dive. I leave at 4 :) Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom