West End

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InstructorMike

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I am Sailing to West End the last Week of April for a week. I plan to do a lot of diving and wonder if with so many people on this board if someone has the lat/long to some of the following sites.
Wood Cay Wall
Memory Rock
Sherwood Forest
Delaine's Reef
Mount Olympus
Garden of Eden
El Capitian
Anna's Reef
Sugar wreck
and Theo's Wreck

Back in the 80's I did a lot of diving Cat Cay and South but not any diving in West End.
Back then 3 days of diving cost me $ 75.00 on a live aboard bareboat!!
Today it is going run about $ 3,000.00 for a week.

Also if some one can recommend a dive shop that is easy to get to by boat so I can fill my tanks because I will not have a compressor on my boat! There are about 5 of them near West End where I will be. I am only bringing 6 tanks with me so I will have to go in twice a day if I hope to get 6 dives a day in plus some night dives in.. . I will be in a small 35 foot sail boat that draws about 5 feet. Can take the dingy if I need to but would love to be able to not have to. .

Hope to catch a few tuna and maybe a bonefish or two. Any suggestions on locations would be great.The wall on the charts next to West End looks good! Also if any one know of a good cay out of the wind to anchor up for the night near West End would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom