West End lodging for 4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, After all my deet loving threads and all warnings about repellants of different make up on the island I never imagined someone who visits the forum as often as you would forget about the bugs on Roatan. But i will warn you, They can be bad even at places without tablecloths or even tables. I simply mention this for the benefit of others who may be angry in the future thinking you misled them into believing the bugs were really only an issue at places with a tablecloth.
Glad to have this all straightened out.

Read in context I hope this makes sense. My point was that the bugs are often lurking under tablecloths - at least they were at the Argentinian. I learned the hard way after forgetting the Deet the first time we ate there - bit about 20 times that night. The second time I wore cotton Dockers and remained bug free. Maybe it's weird but I do occasionally wear long pants to dinner at night - even on Roatan.

Bring the deet. Bring the deet. Bring the deet. Bring the deet.
Understood and thanks for the tip!

We recently stayed at Mi Casa and it was totally perfect. I wanna buy it:)
It is about 2 blocks from Pura Vida up a not very steep hill. It is the last house on the road and has great views of the jungle. It has a huge back deck with 3 hammocks and dry lines. We moved the kitchen table outside and ate most of our meals on the deck. It has 2 nice bedrooms, a fully stocked kitchen complete with some spices and olive oil and all the towels and linens you could want. It also has a washing machine which we used half way through our trip We could arrange for a housekeeper mid stay but we never got the place that dirty.
It has no generator, but does have a few solar flash lights. My only issue with the place was the hot water heater. Shower length was limited to about 3 minutes if you wanted hot water.

The place we stayed at, Casa Calico has come larger rooms that would work for you. We paid $400 for the week including breakfast & wifi..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom