West Coast LDS for training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KingOfTheGeeks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am currently an AOW and Nitrox certified diver and am looking for a place to train on the west coast. I would like to make the trip for a week and get 2 or 3 specialties under my belt and dive as much as possible. Looking to get Drysuit, Deep and Wreck if possible, i know there are alot that think this kind of thing is a waste of money but i actually like the structure of the programs and don't mind supporting a good facility. Of course i would also like to meet some new people and share a few wobbly pops at the end of the day, i have a job that will allow me to work around most schedules but i am thinking of doing this in August, if anyone has any ideas or wants to make a specific invitation i am open to it and don't mind picking up a disportionate amount of the drink tabs....................:)

west coast is quite broad. Coming to Vancouver or Vancouver Island would narrow it down somewhat. Lots of shops around either location.
I am in North Vancouver and deal with Edge Diving Edge Diving Centre open 7 days a week and very knowledgable to suit all levels of diving. email or phone if you have any questions. Henry (shop owner) is on these boards as well.

That looks like an interesting place, and seems like some cool people working there; thanks. I will get in contact with Henry, maybe i might have to change my plans to taking some cave courses.

As an option you could check out some of the local shops in Edmonton, several of them do regular week long charters out to the west coast for diving/training. Aquatek and Subsea experience both do monthly-ish trips.

That looks like an interesting place, and seems like some cool people working there; thanks. I will get in contact with Henry, maybe i might have to change my plans to taking some cave courses.

I don't think the Edge does any cave training, though some of their staff are cave certified.

If I were coming to the west coast for diving, Vancouver would not be my choice of destination. The diving around Vancouver is OK, but all the major towns on Vancouver Island have a dive shop and better diving than around Vancouver. Sechelt on the sunshine coast is also a good option and I quite like the people that run Suncoast diving over there.

If you're in Vancouver, I would highly recommend the International Dive Centre (Scuba Diving in Vancouver and Scuba Equipment Repair | International Diving Centre Vancouver.). Excellent instructors, and most of the instructors are both PADI instructors but also have GUE Fundamentals certifications (several have advanced GUE Tech and Cave certification as well). Nice people, lots of fun, and very competent divers. Enjoy your stay on the West Coast -- and safe diving!

NO No NO, it has to be Ocean Quest in Burnaby and you must dive in Vancouver :D:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::rofl3:

Let the games begin!

You are such a good sport old chap :ar15::m16:

why not a custom course? Fits your itinerary, better or equal pricing to shops, and you can tour all the local shops without fear of being branded a "traitor" :wink:

Easy enough to find an instructor. If you're thinking Vancouver Island, PM me. I know many, highly experienced local instructors in the Victoria-Nanaimo Corridor. (Interestingly enough, this also is where the BEST diving in BC is.) :eyebrow:

VI

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom