West Beach Paddlewheeler Report 4-19-7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I ran into a buddy of mine(Mikey Paul) at the dive shop yesterday while picking up some Nitrox tanks for some boat dives on Saturday. He had just finished taking some ConEd class and I asked if he wanted to dive, jokingly. He said yes, so I figured what the hell. On the way home I ran into another buddy(Tracy Bauer) on the road with gear already in his car. So he came along as well. Both of these guys have dove the paddlewheeler before so knew what to expect from the site itself.

We geared up in low 70sF air temps and marched over the sand and into the water, ankle-shin high rollers at best. Water was just under 70F. Visibility was snot though. It averaged 3"-2' and was worse at times. There were also a few areas(mostly on the East side and South sides of the wreck) that cleared to 5-12'. My buddies were both shooting flounder, so I pointed out a few here and there. Although, I did knife a big one that I wanted to take credit for(ended up being the largest of the night :D). Mostly, I was just there to sightsee and blow bubbles. Sheepshead are still out, lots of spades following us around, flounder, pigfish, ect. Even ran across an electric skate on the swim back in from our 63 minute dive with a max depth of 16'. Exitted the water with 1600psi. Good dive, easy conditions(aside from vis I guess).

Post dive debriefing, at the Hooters.

Ah yes. The required dive debriefing at Hooters.

Thanks for the report. I enjoy reading them.

Back
Top Bottom