Were you taught this math in your entry level CCR class?

Were you taught this math in your entry level CCR class?

• Yes

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • I don’t know

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Yes but I did not understand it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@broncobowsher why bother burping it down vs. just breathing it down if it doesn't exceed 1.5/1.6? It'll come down on its own in a few minutes
Hit the bottom, working hard cause its not slack like it's supposed to be, looking for the wreck... yea I am dil adding and/or flushing first THEN running a line and looking around because the next few minutes are going to be distracted and I dont want to look up in 3mins and see 1.8

@rjack321 I'll certainly give you that one.

Do you use a dil mix that gives you a reasonable ppO2 on those dives at the bottom, or would you use a leaner dil for that? I.e. 100ft dive using air instead of EAN32 for dil so the ppO2 comes down a bit faster on descent?

@broncobowsher why bother burping it down vs. just breathing it down if it doesn't exceed 1.5/1.6? It'll come down on its own in a few minutes
The idea is that it will drop as I descend, leaning it out with Dil. The CMF on the Revo is dialed in fairly well for me, so just breathing it down can take a long time. Longer then I want to spend that high. I'm already above the targeted highest PPO2 and want to drop it a little. The burping the loop is only if I am not getting the PPO2 down to a reasonable level in a reasonable time.

@broncobowsher if you're on a CMF that makes a lot more sense.
One of the perks of the eCCR's is that it definitely leans out for descents quite a bit better. I'm thinking that if I was in that situation I'd probably run my dil mix a bit leaner than I do on the eCCR's so it can drop the ppO2 a bit faster. I dive a dil with a ppO2 higher than my normal setpoint on a pretty frequent basis *EAN32 in cave country*, so in a cave like Jackson Blue, Little River, etc. where there is a pretty rapid descent or if in the ocean going straight to 100ft ish it will regularly hang out around 1.5 when I hit the bottom vs. a high setpoint of 1.1 but it will come down in less than 10 minutes vs. a CMF where it may never come all the way down.

Needle valve for the win! Stuff it closed for the descent, open it up on the bottom, whack it open to deco out.

@rjack321 I'll certainly give you that one.

Do you use a dil mix that gives you a reasonable ppO2 on those dives at the bottom, or would you use a leaner dil for that? I.e. 100ft dive using air instead of EAN32 for dil so the ppO2 comes down a bit faster on descent?
16/50 is my normal all purpose wreck diving dil. This is one reason why offboarding dil in the ocean doesn't make much sense to me. I can bring 3 or 4 CCR bottles of trimix dil and a couple of different BOs that I can select based on the actual profile.
So for this past weekend I brought a bunch of trimix CCR bottles. A BO of 32%, a BO of 21/35 and a BO of EAN50. I ended up doing a 165ft, 110ft, 100ft, 70ft, 85ft, and 95ft dives. I appreciated the trimix poking around inside wrecks at the 90ft depth too, even if I had 32% BO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom