We're not overdue any more.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds to me like you guys did all you could Gary, and dont worry about not having your gear packed, you made it in the golden hour got the victims to medical, and your team stayed safe! mission accomplished!

Greg D.:
Sounds to me like you guys did all you could Gary, and dont worry about not having your gear packed, you made it in the golden hour got the victims to medical, and your team stayed safe! mission accomplished!
It just frosted me because I’m the one always preaching being ready and I wasn’t. No excuse, we trained on Wednesday and I still hadn’t repacked by Saturday just because of procrastination. Not a good thing, I need to keep practicing what I preach.

It didn’t make a difference in this case but given another scenario it sure could have.

Gary D.

Boy, it really sucks responding to those types of calls where you do everything absolutely right and still someone ends up dying. I'm not a rescue diver, but have been in law enforcement for 20 years and several capacities and have responded to far too many fatal accidents. It can be so frustrating.

We had a situation in Lane County, several years ago, where a deputy and his wife had just had a baby. Both sets of their parents hopped into an SUV and were enroute to see their new grandchild. They never made it. Another deputy, several days later, noticed tire tracks going off the side of the road near the McKenzie River. They then located the SUV in the water and eventually recovered the bodies. What started off as such a joyous event turned into an unspeakable tragedy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom