Went To Medina Lake And ....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

z28pwr

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I went to Medina lake and had a good time with our dive buddies but visibility was NON Existent. I geared up in my new 6.5 MM two piece Akona and quickly said to myself I'm selling this thing It's too thick but after going down 55 FT I quickly changed my mind and decided to keep it. The water was freezing down their. According to my comp it was 63 Degrees :wacko: .

Are all the lakes this bad ? Is Travis lake any better visibility wise?

We are trying to plan out our next dive and I know that after diving Cozumel I won't find anything as nice but some visibility would be nice :) .

Thanks.

vis at Windy Point on Sat. was ~10' at 75-95' and 2-5' above and below that layer. The 40-55' was especially murky...

Mansfield dam on Sunday was similar, but not quite as good...best vis was ~5-8' at deeper depths.

Temp was 63F at depth on both dives.

The good part about lake diving....it'll make the vis at Coz seem like 500'....

cyklon_300 once bubbled...

LOL

Well guess I need to save my money and schedule another trip to CZM pretty soon then.

Or maybe give the Rigs a try.

cyklon_300 once bubbled...

Agreed - I recall my amazement at the FG's last month when I looked up at 90 feet & saw the boat!

Sounds like pretty normal Travis conditions. Maybe up to 10 feet at the platforms on a good day but a mess right under where the OW tours take place. Then better deeper, but the light is obscured by then!

Back
Top Bottom