Went diving with my favorite buddy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

heftysmurf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So my wife got her certification a few weeks ago. First, she's a little bit of a whiner...that's not me saying that, she'll tell you! :) She wanted to get her certification to "see what the big deal was all about". Her OW training dives were at Perry Street in Dania Beach. Her OW days were FLAT!!! Yet she still whined...just a bit. To be fair, her fins were a little snug the first day. The next day, one of the instructors let her use her fins. Still hurt, this time even worse from her bony feet! Once her checkout dives were done, "How was it, hun?" "Salt water kept getting in my mouth and eyes, my feet hurt, and I sucked."

So a week to let her recover. It's training! It's not supposed to be fun, per se. Then I asked if she wanted to try the Jax, just her and I, larger fins, and just see how she feels. Voila! She really enjoyed herself! Lots of life on the Jax though I didn't take many pics as I wanted to make sure she's good to go. And YES! I had her secure her octo after I saw it dangling.

We're scheduled to go on a wreck dive in a week so we'll see how she likes that.

Attachments

• IMG_9866.jpeg
    IMG_9866.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9872.jpeg
    IMG_9872.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_9878.jpeg
    IMG_9878.jpeg
    26.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_9869 Large.jpeg
    IMG_9869 Large.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 56
How absolutely brilliant your experiences have set me up to have the best of days and I'm only
about to fill the ute and go to the dump but who knows, I may return with treasures unfulfilled

Cold are those bony feet when placed between your thighs for warmth my last girl was auburn

Although the view at the dump lends itself to contemplation, I might take only 1 item at a time

163.JPG

Wow!!!

and for comfort and everything else it's a rubber fin on bare feet for more bang for your bucks

nothing bred of anything plastic no matter what they tell you

So my wife got her certification a few weeks ago. First, she's a little bit of a whiner...that's not me saying that, she'll tell you! :) She wanted to get her certification to "see what the big deal was all about". Her OW training dives were at Perry Street in Dania Beach. Her OW days were FLAT!!! Yet she still whined...just a bit. To be fair, her fins were a little snug the first day. The next day, one of the instructors let her use her fins. Still hurt, this time even worse from her bony feet! Once her checkout dives were done, "How was it, hun?" "Salt water kept getting in my mouth and eyes, my feet hurt, and I sucked."

So a week to let her recover. It's training! It's not supposed to be fun, per se. Then I asked if she wanted to try the Jax, just her and I, larger fins, and just see how she feels. Voila! She really enjoyed herself! Lots of life on the Jax though I didn't take many pics as I wanted to make sure she's good to go. And YES! I had her secure her octo after I saw it dangling.

We're scheduled to go on a wreck dive in a week so we'll see how she likes that.
keep them dives going!

Back from the dump, no treasures except these treasures ha ha ha swans and ducks in the ocean who knew

025.JPG

and as far as diving went or goes

034.JPG

don't step on the sand on the bottom, critters live there

Not a bad dump, lots of rural stuff

banner.jpg

Check the limestone

Ok it's overlooking the ocean but all the green and timber gets mulched, steel and general waste trucked away

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom