Wendy's new mottos...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, "Great emotional disturbance," I believe that.

I think what was more "emotionally disturbing" for her was her history - she basically sues for a living.

The Associated Press reports Ayala has a history of filing lawsuits with more than a half dozen legal battles stretching over a decade, including a 1998 case against her ex-boss. She sought $500,000 for sexual harassment.

In 2000, she sued an auto dealership alleging a wheel fell off her car. That suit was dismissed after Ayala fired her lawyer. Moreover, as recently as last year, the family settled with the fast-food chain El Pollo Loco.

This is from http://klastv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3187216&nav=168XYT17

Forgive my skepticism, but there's probably some dead person without a finger now, and she tried to get rich off it. It appears to me that she's scurrying back underneath her rock.

She has now dropped her case...police searched her home a few days ago.
I would expect them to file some type of charges soon!

yup, i saw that story too:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/wendy_s_finger

my question is: where the heck did that finger come from?

i mean, it's not like you work at a processing plant and six months later you look
at your hand and go, "holy crap!! where's my finger?"

this is something i imagine would tend to get noticed right away...

H2Andy:
yup, i saw that story too:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&e=1&u=/ap/wendy_s_finger

my question is: where the heck did that finger come from?

i mean, it's not like you work at a processing plant and six months later you look
at your hand and go, "holy crap!! where's my finger?"

this is something i imagine would tend to get noticed right away...

I was wondering the same thing. Someone missing that finger would have been looking for it. I wonder if some sicko wasn't trying to get rid of a body one bite-sized morsel at a time.....

R..

Did this happen on Palm Sunday?

"Oh, you meant "fingerlings", like a FISH!"

"Wendy's: Where we tip you!"

"It's got a weird flavor that I can't quite put my finger on!" :D

Diver0001:
I was wondering the same thing. Someone missing that finger would have been looking for it. I wonder if some sicko wasn't trying to get rid of a body one bite-sized morsel at a time.....

R..
Radio news said it was her (dead) Aunt's finger. Charges pending.

Rick Inman:
Radio news said it was her (dead) Aunt's finger. Charges pending.

Yeah, I can here it now, Mind if I borrow this?

What a friggin' wacko. . . .

mike_s:
Heh... that was Formosa Chinese Restaurant in Huntsville. WAFF (TV) pretty much put them out of business reporting that story with the "Restaurant Scorecard" health segment every week.

Formossa was sued by the lady who found the cat teeth in her food and they settled out of court for an "undisclosed amount". They re-opened under a different name, but it too went out of business because of the cat thing.

I guess no one wants "Cat Chow-mein"

That would be the one! Mike, I'm still in Tampa, and it looks like I won't get back to that area until around the middle to the end of June. By then it should be nice diving in the quarry! I'd also like to hit Blue Waters in Pelham.

It just keeps getting stranger.
DNA testing will tell whether this is just another false lead.

Today's San Jose Merrcuy News (sign-up required) reported:

"The Las Vegas woman who said she found a 1 1/2-inch chunk of finger in a bowl of chili at a San Jose Wendy's has decided not to pursue legal action against the restaurant chain, and her attorney has withdrawn from the case.

But Anna Ayala's decision does not end the police investigation into how the finger got into the chili. In a strange twist, the news came on the same day the Mercury News learned of a late February incident in Pahrump, Nev., in which a spotted leopard bit off part of a finger -- about 1 1/2-inch worth -- of a woman who had been keeping the exotic cat and other animals."

As for the animal attack ......

"``She was introducing us to each animal. The last words out of Sandy's mouth were, `These are my babies. They would never hurt me.' '' and " ... were not sure why the finger could not be re-attached to Allman's hand.......But the medical clinic where she was treated ``gave it back to her in a little bag of ice,'' Carroccio said"

Wendy's Itching for Answers

Who could blame them? They just want to finger the culprit.
:eyebrow:

I'm getting bad as NetDoc

Finger Unlikely Nev. Woman's

1 hour, 30 minutes ago U.S. National - AP

By ADAM GOLDMAN, Associated Press Writer

LAS VEGAS - Authorities investigating the origin of a finger found in a California bowl of fast-food chili said Thursday they have uncovered no link to a Nevada leopard attack that cost a woman part of her index finger.

Woman Who Found Finger in Chili Won't Sue

Nye County Sheriff Tony DeMeo said the chance of any connection is "diminishing." San Jose, Calif., Police Sgt. Nick Muyo said investigators there were also skeptical.

Sandy Allman, 59, lost a 3/4-inch fingertip Feb. 23 in the attack by a spotted leopard being kept at her home in rural Pahrump, about 60 miles west of Las Vegas.

Las Vegas resident Anna Ayala claimed she found a 1 1/2-inch fingertip on March 22 while eating at a Wendy's in San Jose.

"Obviously, if we have more of a finger than she lost, you might look at that on face value and say it's probably not the same," Muyo said Thursday.

A lawyer for Allman had said that she wanted to participate in any DNA testing of the found finger. She said she last saw her fingertip packed in ice in a Las Vegas emergency room. Doctors told her it could not be reattached, and she does not know what happened to it after that, lawyer Philip Sheldon said.

The hospital said it cannot account for the missing fingertip.

Ayala was visiting relatives in San Jose and could not be reached for comment. Her attorney, Jeffrey Janoff, said Wednesday that she had decided not to pursue a lawsuit over the found finger because scrutiny by police and reporters had been "very difficult for her emotionally."

Court records show Ayala has previously made claims against corporations, including a former employer, General Motors and a fast-food restaurant.

Wendy's maintains the finger did not enter the food in its ingredients. It has offered a $50,000 reward in the case and was keeping open a hot line for tips, spokesman Denny Lynch said.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom