Well ... this is interesting ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm feeling kind of grumpy because ALL the function tabs for "quick reply" are now gone -- to add a link or quote a part of a prior post, I now have to go to Advanced Reply. It's annoying.

I'm feeling kind of grumpy because ALL the function tabs for "quick reply" are now gone -- to add a link or quote a part of a prior post, I now have to go to Advanced Reply. It's annoying.
Yes! I've been having all sorts of editor problems, too. I have to manually insert hard breaks using "br" tags to get new paragraphs, there aren't any editor icons at the tops of the reply windows, etc.

As I posted in another thread.

vBulletin has completely redesigned the quick reply box. Many forum owners are complaining directly to them (on their forum) the same way people here are complaining about it. I'm sure a remedy will be forthcoming.

Better?

FWIW - this new feature also includes an "Auto-Save" function. Which is pretty cool.

Not sure whom you're addressing, Howard, but my problems are still there, though they appear to take on different manifestations depending on the browser. > FF5 now gives me lists with indentations. Safari still gives me an undifferentiated list like the screenshots I posted earlier. > FF5 doesn't let me insert in-line smilies--I have to code them in > I can't use Moderation Tools at all in FF5 (the checkboxes don't register, so the number in parens stays at zero). I can use Admin up at the top, though it gets clumsy sometimes. > In Safari's Reply to Post editor, the font looks like a 14 point Courier, and line wrapping doesn't work right. Everything is okay in Go Advanced, though--even the emoticons. > In FF5's Reply to Post editor, paragraph breaks have to be inserted manually with code in the Advanced editor, and they disappear if you edit the post again. It's a big pain. I end up having to switch back and forth between Safari and FF when I'm moderating because each one does something properly and something else poorly. I copy the URL from one and paste it in the address bar in the other so that I can accomplish whatever it is I'm wanting to do without getting all tangled up in non-functioning menus or having to insert code by hand. (Note that for this post I did not draft it as running text in this way. There were paragraph breaks all though it. This was done on FF5.) If you want screen shots of this stuff, just say the word. BTW, I have uninstalled and reinstalled FF and I also did a huge software update to make sure that I had versions that had fixed any bugs or conflicts.

I was talking about the quick reply box.

I don't have a mac, so I can't tell you what the problems with mac might be.

Firefox 5 works fine for me on Windows 7.

The safari browser doesn't like the update much.Editor issues, delayed screen paints and overall feels a lot slower.Wrote this is the quick rreply window and as of getting to this line, I can no longer scroll back to the fir line.....

Well, thank you for fixing the quick reply box!

Is this the last actual row of buttons, or is some other bug hiding more? The last one I fully see starts with "Wrap tags", with "Wrap [-] tags" half hidden below the text box. Do other people see more?

SB quick edit.PNG
(Sorry for the off colors. I mis-clicked the file type when saving the screen capture.)

Also, in Advanced Edit, there seems to be a bug in the column width wrap-around code. I've disabled color selection in the following so you can see some of the buttons from ends of rows are underneath buttons in the next row. With full color control by the page/style sheet enabled, the buttons wrapped around aren't visible at all, although a mouse over the apparently blank gap between lines will show them.

SB edit.PNG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom