Well ... this is interesting ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This has now happened to me twice today ... and never before today.

I'm typing along ... once in a reply to a thread, and another time replying to a PM. I reach the limit of the window size and the top of my reply scrolls upward ... only to suddenly jump back down so that the first line displays at the top of the window. Everything I've typed below the allowable space is underneath the bottom of the window ... I can't see it. I scroll down ... a second or so later, the window scrolls back to the top. Now it becomes a game of "can I type another word before the damn window scrolls back to the top of my reply" ... I can't see what I'm typing, because the thing keeps jumping back to the top of the reply.

What's going on ???

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It's trying to tell you not to be so wordy, Bob . . . :)

Not sure Bob... we just did a minor upgrade to enhance performance and it enabled a couple of features at the same time. We are waiting for the correction to the correction. :D

I hope Bob doesn't mind if I piggyback his thread to report another glitch. I am sure this has already been reported by dozens of members :wink:, but just in case it hasn't: if you use strike-through tags followed by color tags (the way you might if you were a bit of an ass and enjoyed correcting people in red ink :wink:), you get a big black box, as for a video embed, in lieu of the stricken-through letters, like this:[SV]like this[/SV] like this

I agree, not the most pressing problem, but the grammar police are on edge. :D

Interesting... Your post uses this code: like this:[SV]like this[/SV] [COLOR="#FF0000"]like this[/COLOR]

Did you add the [-]strike through[/-] manually with [-] & [/-] or did you use the editor. I got some weirdness off of the editor yesterday and Advanced Edit in Chrome is now WYSIWIG where it was not before this last minor update.

:nogp:

:nogp:​

I used the editor, Pete. I didn't attempt it manually.

Manually, I get the [-]test[/-] same result?

Edit: When you select strike-through in the editor it applies [sv] tags. [-] tags work fine.

2nd edit: Maybe the color has nothing to do with it? [SV]Test[/SV]

3rd edit: The color has nothing to do with it--the editor is applying the wrong tags for strike-through, that's all.

The sv tag is for a specific type of video, not regular video. The SV tag is from Svarnet for "submerge productions" not regular youtube or other videos.

Try tossing your cookies (deleting internet history) and see if the problem persists. I used the list function with the editor yesterday and it created some weird code. Today it works just fine which leads me to believe that it's a cookie issue. This is a good habit anytime you have an odd issue come up.

Back
Top Bottom