Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@OrcaTorch very exciting that you’re taking the plunge into more canister style lights. Opefully the D630 will be as affordable as the d620 for the light it provides.

I really hope this light is no more than 600€. I think that would be fair but we’ll have to wait and see what you guys come out with.

@OrcaTorch very exciting that you’re taking the plunge into more canister style lights. Opefully the D630 will be as affordable as the d620 for the light it provides.

I really hope this light is no more than 600€. I think that would be fair but we’ll have to wait and see what you guys come out with.

@EireDiver606 Thanks for your advice. We will take full consideration of your suggestion and continue offering high quality products.

Attachments

• D630.jpg
    D630.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 130
What is the beam angle? Impossible to tell from that picture.....

@OrcaTorch 6 degrees is good as a light for signaling. Go with that. It doesn't need to be a laser beam, but a larger beam angle in turbid water is not desirable.

One big thing I'd say is offer larger canisters. 12 batteries would be better. It's not about having enough battery to do the dive, it's having enough battery to do the dive plus a reserve. 4 hours isn't enough reserve if you're going to do a big dive or two per day. Lots of people are doing 4 hours in the cave in places like Mexico where the shallow depth allows it. Turning it down isn't always the best or even a viable solution.

Another problem with that is your fancy swiveling battery cap is HUGE. Cool idea, but it takes up a lot of space that could be used for additional capacity. Maybe offer a side gland, a top gland, and a "both" gland option, and offer different canister lengths so that the end used can use as many 18650's as they want. A "mix-and-match" if you will, but will allow for smaller cap sizes.. A 4-cell sized can with be great for open water divers who just want something brighter and longer lasting, or someone doing light wreck but will do short deco out in bright open water. A 12-cell sized canister will allow for a solid cave dive with plenty of reserve, and with a smaller top cap, not lay halfway down your leg or if you butt mount it for sidemount, be wider than your rear.

Hi Stuartv,

We are using CREE XPL-V3*5. The dimensions of the light is

Light Head:96mm(Length) x 60mm(Diameter)

Canister:215mm(Length) x 55mm(Diameter)

And the D620 light head dimensions are 83 x 50 (according to your website). So, the D630 light head is considerably bigger. And it is only 300 lumens brighter. And the beam angle is 1.2 degrees smaller than the D620, if I've understood correctly - 8 degrees for the 620 and 6.8 degrees for the 630.

What Goodman handle comes with the 630? Is it identical to the one that comes with the 620? Or is it like the one that comes with the D611?

Specs
5 Cree LED
Output: High 3000 lumens Med 1300 Low 400
Runtime: High 4 hours Med 7h 30 min Low20 hrs
Beam angle: 6.8°

At what distance is the beam angle measured to achieve 6.8 degrees?

And the D620 light head dimensions are 83 x 50 (according to your website). So, the D630 light head is considerably bigger. And it is only 300 lumens brighter. And the beam angle is 1.2 degrees smaller than the D620, if I've understood correctly - 8 degrees for the 620 and 6.8 degrees for the 630.

What Goodman handle comes with the 630? Is it identical to the one that comes with the 620? Or is it like the one that comes with the D611?

At what distance is the beam angle measured to achieve 6.8 degrees?

@stuartv, Yes, the D630 head is a little bigger than D620. Pls note that the beam angle of D620 is 14°.

The goodman handle comes with the D630 is the one that comes with the D620. Do you have some suggestion about the goodman handle of D630?

@stuartv, Yes, the D630 head is a little bigger than D620. Pls note that the beam angle of D620 is 14°.

The goodman handle comes with the D630 is the one that comes with the D620. Do you have some suggestion about the goodman handle of D630?

The Goodman handle of the D620 seems really nice, so it is good that the same handle comes with the D630.

Why do you state that the beam angle of the 620 is 14 degrees when @Diving Dubai measured it at 8 degrees (as posted in this thread: https://www.scubaboard.com/community/threads/review-orcatorch-d620.556348/page-4)?

@OrcaTorch 6 degrees is good as a light for signaling. Go with that. It doesn't need to be a laser beam, but a larger beam angle in turbid water is not desirable.

One big thing I'd say is offer larger canisters. 12 batteries would be better. It's not about having enough battery to do the dive, it's having enough battery to do the dive plus a reserve. 4 hours isn't enough reserve if you're going to do a big dive or two per day. Lots of people are doing 4 hours in the cave in places like Mexico where the shallow depth allows it. Turning it down isn't always the best or even a viable solution.

Thanks for your suggestion. @JohnnyC , We use battery pack for the D630 which contains 8 pcs 18650 batteries.

1543909222811215.png

Back
Top Bottom