Well, I guess I'll be joining the GLWC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now to convince the fire department to buy our rescue swimmers them (or to reimburse us for them :wink: )

DropkickMurphy:
Well, I have practically no body fat (damn metabolism) so chances are I'll become a human popsicle pretty quick.

LOL! I'm the queen of cold so I know where you're coming from--my students make fun of me I get so cold. I've had students in wetsuits laughing at me freezing in my drysuit :D Now that I have a different drysuit and undies I'm finally experiencing dry warm dives! There are a lot of tips and tricks around the board for staying warm while diving in cold water and they really do work!
Ber :lilbunny:

Anyone can dive in 85* water! It takes a REAL diver to dive the Great Lakes. (Or so I've been told. *L*)
I work in a dive shop in Ann Arbor; we dive at lakes up around Novi on an infrequent basis, and go to places along Lake Huron and Superior at least twice each per year.
I'm still "wet" but a good 7mm suit and (now that I'm over 50) a good hooded vest allow dives to about 40* water with little discomfort (colder if you're a glutton for punishment).

You can often find used gear that's serviceable at a pretty good price. Get friendly with DMs and Instructors about your size, they seem to get new gear fairly often and you can sometimes pick up their old stuff pretty cheap.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom