Welcome to the Explorer Ventures Liveaboard Fleet forum!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Clay,

Quick question about your liveaboards - how far in advance of a trip would you decide to cancel it because not enough people are signed up? I've paid my deposit for the Carpe Vita trip 8/15-22, but I don't think too many other people have signed up. I really want this trip to proceed because I've heard great things about the boat and the crew. If there's a chance the voyage could be cancelled, though, I have to start looking for another operator at some point just in case.

Thanks,
John

Hi John -

It's pretty rare that we'll cancel a departure due to lack of numbers, but our general policy is to notify people a minimum of 30 days prior to the trip if we do. That said, we understand that a trip on this scale gets planned well before 30 days, in general, so we'll keep people updated much further in advance if appropriate - I believe you've been talking to Sue and she's kept you posted.

But for this trip, we already have several on board now, and several enquiries for more space, so I'm 99% sure that there won't be any issue!

- Clay

Thanks for the reply. I have been talking to Sue but was interested to learn what your policies are.

Thanks Ashley! We hope to see you and your group on board in 2013!

- Clay

You will! I have the Turks & Caicos boat for April 20 -27th and have sold 19 of the 20 spots. Just need one more. And as far as I know, we will all be first timers to your fleet but hope it won't be the last.

Dear Mr. McCardell,

I have a link to my blog regarding my recent trip aboard the CEX II, and a link to my photos on my webpage. I plan to encourage my dive buddies to check out your liveaboards as well now.

St. Kitts & Saba Islands Diving « Diver In Deep's Blog
St. Kitts & Saba Islands, Caribbean - Diver In Deep Photography

I just left the Explorer II this afternoon to fly back to SFO. I needed a last minute dive trip STAT, and landed onto the Explorer II quite by chance. We had some serious underwater photographers on board, and some seriously funny divers! A very interesting mix indeed.
There was never a dull moment above or below the surface.
The crew worked tirelessly to insure our dive safety, and skillfully handled our gear & cameras.
Captain Ian runs a tight ship, and keeps things on schedule. It's fun to try to get him to crack a smile.
The DM's were knowledgable of the area & helped us find some critters. Not a Batfish in sight, though Claire went out of her way to seek them out. When I would ask Stephen what he could help me find on a dive, he responded, "The boat!" Always a good answer! Kate was also an excellent DM to dive with.
All the crew members were great to us. One crew member in particular went out of his way to help the divers. Any issues with scuba gear, cabin maintenance problems, or camera gear challenges were skillfully handled with a smile by Robert Wolfe. He was courteous, professional, and went above & beyond to meet the needs of everyone on board.
Robert was always on the dive deck to give guidance on which camera to take on a particular dive depending on the site. He kindly accompanied me on a few dives so I could get the shot I was looking for. He even got the guests together at various points on the trip for photo opportunities that we would have otherwise overlooked.
Many thanks to the Explorer II crew. A special thank you goes out to Mr. Wolfe who exceeded all expectations & made St Kitts & Saba a trip to remember.

Karen Schofield, R.N.
Wildlife, Scenic, & Underwater Photographer
Master Scuba Diver

Hi Clay,
I was aboard the CEXII in January 2013. I had the pleasure of diving with one of your crew members who helped me get some unbelievable winning shots. Last night I was awarded 2nd place for "Image of the Year" by a prestigious photo club filled with professional photographers in Monterey, California. Robert Wolfe, chief engineer was my dive buddy and without him I would not have won so many awards this year for my photography. He had a good eye for underwater photo subjects and knew where to find them.
2013_Award for Image of the Year_PTCC.jpg
Arrow Crab & Spiny Urchin Backlit.jpg

Hi Clay,
I was aboard the CEXII in January 2013. I had the pleasure of diving with one of your crew members who helped me get some unbelievable winning shots. Last night I was awarded 2nd place for "Image of the Year" by a prestigious photo club filled with professional photographers in Monterey, California. Robert Wolfe, chief engineer was my dive buddy and without him I would not have won so many awards this year for my photography. He had a good eye for underwater photo subjects and knew where to find them.
View attachment 171623
View attachment 171624

Congratulations, Karen - that's a beautiful shot! Thank you for sharing -

- Clay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom