• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Welcome SFDI Members! Read this first

Discussion in 'South Florida Divers, Inc. Private Area' started by DebbyDiver, May 25, 2010.

1. DebbyDiver

DebbyDiver Livin' the dream ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    South Florida Divers members, I am extremely excited that we have our own club forum right here on ScubaBoard.com to exchange ideas, trip invites, kudos, news, parties, photographs, gear for sale, etc. Many thanks to Pete "NetDoc" Murray, owner of SB, for hosting our forum here at NO COST to the club.

We have two places all our own here on ScubaBoard. There is the public club area where we may discuss things that are of interest to the diving community as a whole. These will include meeting notices, diving invites that are open to all (i.e. beach dives or impromptu charter boat dives), informal meet 'n' greet notices, etc. It is our desire that other divers in the area will see what fun we have and will want to attend a meeting and perhaps join.

Then, there is this private area where we may discuss club dives, club trips, members' personal news such as births, engagements, birthdays, etc., basically things you would like the club to know, but don't necessarily want to share with the outside world. Only paid in full SFDI members will have access to this forum.

And remember...what's posted on the club private forum, stays on the club private forum!!!

I've been a member of South Florida Divers for about 29 years, and I've been a ScubaBoard member for five years. I've made literally hundreds of friends on here who I've dived with locally and on dive trips, yet ScubaBoard does not replace my desire to belong to a dive club, it enhances it. I am very excited to be combining my two major diving communities into one.

Questions? Concerns? Comments? Suggestions? Send me a private message...click on my username at the upper left of this post, or any post, then click on "Send a private message to DebbyDiver".

See you on the forum...and beneath the surface!

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. grouperman

grouperman Angel Fish

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    This is a great idea and thanks for putting this venue together. It should really help keep everyone 'in the loop' in between meetings and other get togethers. I'm excited to be a part of it.

Patrick
    (grouperman):D

3. AAdiver69

AAdiver69 IDC Staff Instructor

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Thanks for putting this together for us Debby. I'm not a frequent Scuba Board visitor, but will get on more often now.

4. DebbyDiver

Awesome, Darrell! With your being available to dive on weekdays, I hope to see you posting some dive opportunities! Remember, I'm off on Fridays. I will be posting Friday dive opportunities. :D

5. AAdiver69

AAdiver69 IDC Staff Instructor

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Sounds good Debby. Now that I'm a PADI Instructor, I plan to try to teach a little during the week too. Should be a great summer!!!

6. DebbyDiver

Very cool, weekday diving is so great, less boat traffic and more critters! Let me know when I can tag along on a Friday.

7. FLscubagirl

FLscubagirl Garibaldi

Hi Darrell and Debby. I am off on Fridays too. If you ever need an extra tag-along, just let me know!

Gayl
    aka FLscubagirl

8. DebbyDiver

COOL! I am not available this Friday or the next, but I'm diving Blue Heron Bridge on Friday July 30. Wanna go?