welcome from shanghaidivers club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wenghaidong

Reaction score
This is haidong weng ,the president of shanghai divers club , the largest diver's organization in Shanghai,China that specializes in promoting dive safety, marine conservation(stop shark finning), recommending and organizing dive trips to south-east Asia, east Africa,and pacific islands

Every month members of shanghaidivers club take several divetrips club recommended or organized to different oversea destinations. The general dive destinations they choose are Thailand, Saipan. Philippine ,Malaysia and Indonesia. Since more and more diveshops in above areas sign contract with shanghaidivers, members have many choices to get good value/service package from shanghaidivers-selected diveshops.
and we can help divers to book such dive package, flight ticket, hotel, local vehicle and boat charter etc.

you can find more detail from below link.
shanghaidivers club: membership and divetrip 2004-2005(with english version)

if you are working in shanghai or other china cities. welcome to join us

http://www.shanghaidivers.org/ (sorry for that we only have chinese version website now. )

Welcome to SB! It is great to see the growing interest in China for SCUBA diving. One of my friends is from Shanghai but lives in Tokyo now. She will be out diving with me over the Christmas holidays.

Will bookmark your web site as I plan to be in China next year. I have a friend who lives on Hainan Island. He wants me to come out and assess the diving there. I occasionally hear of proposed plans for dive resorts and liveaboards in the South China Sea. This excites me.

Hope we meet when I visit China.

Best fishes,

Dr. Bill

Welcome to the SB! It is indeed great to see that SCUBA is taking off in China.

Question: Is Guilin "diveable"? I remember the great rock formations and the clear water in the Guilin(?) river, wondering if anybody has tried it.

Eddy.

drbill:
Welcome to SB! It is great to see the growing interest in China for SCUBA diving. One of my friends is from Shanghai but lives in Tokyo now. She will be out diving with me over the Christmas holidays.

Will bookmark your web site as I plan to be in China next year. I have a friend who lives on Hainan Island. He wants me to come out and assess the diving there. I occasionally hear of proposed plans for dive resorts and liveaboards in the South China Sea. This excites me.

Hope we meet when I visit China.

Best fishes,

Dr. Bill

hi. drbill.

Sounds that you are very interested come and dive in china!
about south china sea liveaboard. there are at least one club from hongkong organize xisha islands liveaboard trip.( I will forward the contact info. to you later ) but I also heard that still need special entry permit for foreign people come to this military zone. I may check it .

Due to unlicensed over fishing and other destroy by local fisher. I know some potential divesite had disappeared. but we still can't do anything to stop it now.
later I will show you some photo just took 1 month ago of how things happen in south china sea.

haidong
shanghai divers club
www.shanghaidivers.org

ewong:
Welcome to the SB! It is indeed great to see that SCUBA is taking off in China.

Question: Is Guilin "diveable"? I remember the great rock formations and the clear water in the Guilin(?) river, wondering if anybody has tried it.

Eddy.

hi. eddy. I never hear about someone dive in Gulin. but there are karst topography with many underground cave and river in Guilin. I guess diving there maybe a real expedition.

haidong
shanghaidivers club
www.shanghaidivers.org

Hello
I will be Shanghai this week. Wednesday Jan 19 for 3 or 4 days and then heading up to Beijing. How easy is it to find a dive? I am not going to bring any equipment do to the amount of work equipment I will already be bringing.

Michael Ryan
Canada

Dear All.

Shanghai Divers would conduct the monthly party on this Sat. this afternoon party is open to everyone. enjoy the coffee/tea and snake in five star Springdale Club, share the underwater video and photo with other divers. meet with some of the most interesting guys of this city.
Our honoured guest,Mr.Steve Chen, the famous cave diver. who also found the first PADI CDC- Prodive (HK-USA) in Great China. will fly from hongkong to join us.

Please call the coordinator of this party, Miss Joyce Li +86-13916328402 about the party detail,

Shanghai Divers Club Monthly Party(Open to Public)-Springdale Club, Springdale Garden

Date/Time:Sat. 23,Apr. 2005, 2:00PM-5:00PM
Address:Somerset Xu Hui, Shanxi Nan Lu 888, Springdale Garden, Podium, Level 5
Tel:86-21-64660888 ext 135
Fee:RMB35/Per Person Include Tea/Cafee and Snake. please pay to Springdale Counter.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Best Regards

Haidong Weng
Shanghaidivers Club
Address: Huashan Lu No.301,Room 305,Shanghai China
Tel. 86-21-62480293/62480565
E-mail. whd@shanghaidivers.org

Shanghaidivers will have 4 explore/liveaboard in 2005

A. May 1, to May 8 Tubbataha-Coron Liveaboard,full charter (full booked)

B. June. Mabul-Sipadan, Malaysia, Cave dive workshop, Lead by Steve Chan, TDI Hongkong Regional Manager .
Local Operator: http://www.sipadan-mabul.com.my

C. Aug. PNG, Cave dive workshop, Led by Steve Chan, TDI Hongkong Regional Manager .
Local Operator: http://www.scubakavieng.com/fresh_water_caves.htm

D.Indonesia Liveaboard full charter.
Sept. 29 – Oct. 13 BIRA-SELAYAR-KOMODO-NORTH COAST OF FLORES.
Oct. 13 – Oct. 31 MAUMERE – ALOR – BANDA – TUKANBESI - BIRA
Local Operator. http://www.songlinecruises.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom