Welcome from Connecticut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hav62581

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
New to ScubaBoard, but not Scuba Diving! Hello everyone, I'm new on here and glad to join the forum. I'm from Connecticut and I enjoy all types of diving. Basically, I joined to see where other divers like to dive and get to know people who also enjoy traveling like I do.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! The membership is international and lots of divers travel, so most anywhere you're interested in, somebody probably dives there.

Richard.

New to ScubaBoard, but not Scuba Diving! Hello everyone, I'm new on here and glad to join the forum. I'm from Connecticut and I enjoy all types of diving. Basically, I joined to see where other divers like to dive and get to know people who also enjoy traveling like I do.

Where in CT? I spent a few years there in my misspent youth.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! The membership is international and lots of divers travel, so most anywhere you're interested in, somebody probably dives there.

Richard.
Hello Richard, Thanks for the info. Heather

What’s your opinion on the local diving scene in CT? Are there some decent local dive sites? Regular charters?

It looks like I’m going to be moving from Hawai’i to Norwalk, CT later this year for work and I’ve been trying to scope out the local dive sites (as I’ve never even visited CT, let alone dove CT). I found a couple online guides but the sites looked pretty dismal, especially the 20’ river ones (or maybe I just need to adjust my expectations).

What’s your opinion on the local diving scene in CT? Are there some decent local dive sites? Regular charters?

It looks like I’m going to be moving from Hawai’i to Norwalk, CT later this year for work and I’ve been trying to scope out the local dive sites (as I’ve never even visited CT, let alone dove CT). I found a couple online guides but the sites looked pretty dismal, especially the 20’ river ones (or maybe I just need to adjust my expectations).

In CT you have stonington, most of us go to RI or MA sites.

Hello, I never dove in CT so I can’t help you out there. I usually travel and dive. If you hear of any good sites, let me know. DO NOT leave Hawaii for CT. Ha ha ha

Hello

welcome to SB. i'm also in CT. Used to live in MA and dove there primarily (cape ann). Not much in CT as far as diving goes.

Belated welcome to SB. Do you shore dive in the Sound? I spend 7 weeks in NY area and am always looking for some hidden CT spots (that are legal and you can park there.....).

Not much in CT unless you hit a charter, last I checked no current charters out of CT.

Stonington is the only real ocean shore dive I know.

Back
Top Bottom