Wekiva River Clean up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

**Scuba_Steve**

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The "Get You Feet Wet" dive club is helping with a river clean-up on the Wekiva River.

When: Saturday, October 13, 2007, 9:00 AM

Where: Wekiva Springs Marina
1000 Miami Springs Drive
Longwood , FL 32779

I am looking for anyone that is interested in helping out.

Please RSVP early and let me know how many people are in your party. At this time we have room for 14. If the count goes over 14 I will need to make arrangments for another small boat.

This will be a snorkel trip; I am hoping that our future outings will be dives as they mark deeper areas of the river that need some attention.

Required Equipment:
Mask
Snorkel
Fins

Suggested Equipment:
Wet Suit
Gloves

Optional Equipment:
If you want to bring lobster bags or a mesh bag for collection you can. They will provide Trash bags.

If you are a member of the meetup site please respond and let us know that you will be attending.

http://scuba.meetup.com/150/calendar/6478478/?a=ce1o_grp

If you are not a member on meetup, just let me know.

I am suprised that no one has responded that they would like to attend. This is a chance to help keep our water ways that we enjoy clean for our future enjoyment.

I would hate to have to cancel this event due to lack of interest. Please let me know if you or anyone you know would be interested in helping out.

What a way to help our environment! I hope we have a NUMBER of users planning on attending this!

Ooh, I might be able to make this! Gotta consult with the new boy and see if he's game for helping too, first (and if he's got snorkel gear of his own). If not, maybe he can at least tag along topside to fish out stuff from my kayak. Hmm.

Put me in the 'maybe' pile. =)

--Laurel

Ooh, I might be able to make this! Gotta consult with the new boy and see if he's game for helping too, first (and if he's got snorkel gear of his own). If not, maybe he can at least tag along topside to fish out stuff from my kayak. Hmm.

Put me in the 'maybe' pile. =)

--Laurel

That would be freakin awesome. I have an extra mask he can use if you can find him a snorkel. :) If not he can hang out topside. There are gonna be a couple of boats topside helping us out.

I'm interested in attending. I'll see if I can talk my son into going, but most likely it will just be me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom