Weird text along top banner Firefox 3.6.27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjpatrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just a head's up... I'm getting this:

'); var sidebar_align = 'right'; var content_container_margin = parseInt('290px'); var sidebar_width = parseInt('270px'); //-->

showing at the very top of the banner on the main "forum" page. This is using Firefox 3.6.27 on WinXP.

If you can post a screenshot, that would be helpful. Also when you say the main "forum" page, do you mean http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/forum.php ???

Also Firefox 3.6.27 is not supported by vBulletin or me. Firefox version 3 is way outdated (like from 2009). Try updating your browser, and see if the issue persists.

I wasn't sure about how old my firefox was so I'll see if an updated version fixes the issue. It's on my work machine so that's easier said than done but I'll give it a shot.

If you click Help then About. (in Firefox)

It may update automatically?

FWIW... The code you are referring to is specific to the forum homepage, and is not visible in any other browser. I did find an old computer with that version, and the code you're seeing is there. But removal of the code isn't good.

Also - I was wrong on how to update. You can click HELP -> Check for updates

For reference, I had to do some squirrely stuff to download an updated firefox here at work (due to our firewalls). The new version of firefox did in fact fix the issue.

For reference, I had to do some squirrely stuff to download an updated firefox here at work (due to our firewalls). The new version of firefox did in fact fix the issue.

Great! Thanks for the follow up. For anyone else who may use this version of firefox on a work computer... was it hard to do the update?

If you can post a screenshot, that would be helpful. Also when you say the main "forum" page, do you mean http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/forum.php ???

Also Firefox 3.6.27 is not supported by vBulletin or me. Firefox version 3 is way outdated (like from 2009). Try updating your browser, and see if the issue persists.

Odd, and mostly incorrect, considering that Firefox 3.6 updates have been released as recently as a month or so ago . . .

- Tim

Odd, and mostly incorrect, considering that Firefox 3.6 updates have been released as recently as a month or so ago . . .

- Tim

Firefox version 3.6 is not supported by vBulletin (the software we use), and therefore I don't support it.

3.6.27 is the last release in the 3.6 series. And 3.6.27 did come out recently (Feb 17, 2012), but it is not supported, so there is no fix for errant vbulletin code in this old unsupported (by me, or the software developers) version of firefox.

Mozilla has announced it's plans to EOL Firefox 3.6 on April 12th of this year (2012), the same time it plans to finalize Firefox 11. Anyone still using the ancient browser will be given the choice to upgrade or continue using the (then) unsupported browser. This means that Mozilla will NO LONGER ship security updates for this version. Any security vulnerabilities that appear after this date will go unresolved.

The current version of firefox is 10.0.2

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom