Weird issue with Reg after service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I learned how to service my own regs after I paid a bunch of $ to have a fairly well known dive shop (now out of business or going out of business) service my USD reg.

Sadly, that has been the common experience for any number of us. During the course of a work move, some years ago -- with my test bench in storage and pressed for time -- I had a supposedly reputable local shop do rebuilds on three rigs, including a FFM.

All three were late -- a colossal mess, with two torn diaphragms and a perennially free-flowing FFM nowhere near its specs. After a refund of nearly four hundred dollars, which I had to shame out of them (they initially insisted upon store credit -- yeah), I haven't since purchased so much as a gear clip from them; though still receive emails for their exotic trips and, uh, tech "services" . . .

Free rear-mounted relief zipper with any purchase?

Yeah, as it turned out, they offered me, in lieu of cash, a weekend on the Truth or, eh, Conception -- hadn't thought of that years -- a great boat in its day . . .

Back
Top Bottom