Weird gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's hard to imagine anybody in Western Canada still thinking of a Hog rig as "weird"! Around here, I'd say we see as many backplate/longhose setups as we do anything else.

But resorts definitely see the setups as outright bizarre. I love to tell the story of our trip to KBR in Indonesia, where the first day, the staff set my rig up with the plate toward the tank. I looked at it quizzically and wondered how on earth they thought I was going to put it on . . . but I fixed it, and there were no problems. Several years later, Nw Grateful Diver went to the same resort. They saw his equipment (without even knowing he was from Seattle) and immediately said, "Oh, do you know Lynne?" I guess they thought all us weird gear divers must come from the same place!

Several years later, Nw Grateful Diver went to the same resort. They saw his equipment (without even knowing he was from Seattle) and immediately said, "Oh, do you know Lynne?" I guess they thought all us weird gear divers must come from the same place!

Funny - After second or third dive on the Truk Odyssey a few years ago one of the guides came up to me and said "You're from NJ, right? Do you know Wayne Fisch (from DiveSeekers.com) he's from NJ too... your gear is set up just like his and you even dive just like him."

Wayne was on the Odyssey about six months before I was. And I did most of my training with him and I bought all my gear from him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom