Weird cowfish behavior...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes, when fishes behave strangely is because they are ill or are near to death. Most of the times you see a fish swimming with the paunch up, it's near to death.

Sometimes, when fishes behave strangely is because they are ill or are near to death. Most of the times you see a fish swimming with the paunch up, it's near to death.

well at least they were there on it's last remaining breaths :depressed:

hmmmm...he looked a little to lively to be close to death....

You might be able to still save it if you act quick. What you MUST do is grab a small cage and go back to the same location that it was last seen. capture it and bring it to the nearest veterinary clinic immediately. Do not forget to administer oxygen along the way and because this is possibly a drowning you should preform CPR with mouth to gill recitation! Time is a tickin now, lets get a move on!

It could have a gas bladder problem. I have a fish tank at home and one of the fish that I had would always be having to swim down or up because it couldn't control its bladder. It stuck around with that problem for about 4 or 4.5 years.

It could have a gas bladder problem. I have a fish tank at home and one of the fish that I had would always be having to swim down or up because it couldn't control its bladder. It stuck around with that problem for about 4 or 4.5 years.

I was gonna suggest the bladder, he's not gonna last long behaving like that though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom