Weighting comparison with Weezle Wear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RUFUST

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking at a Weezle Extreme and am looking for weighting comparisions.I like the light weight and flexibility and that it should dry quicker.But does the loft hold enough air to require a lot of extra lead over pile and thinsulate?

RUFUST:
I am looking at a Weezle Extreme and am looking for weighting comparisions.I like the light weight and flexibility and that it should dry quicker.But does the loft hold enough air to require a lot of extra lead over pile and thinsulate?

I'm very interesting in this thread, I just ordered a Bare Trilam ATR-HD and I'm shopping for underwear. The shop recomends Weezle Extreme +, they only had an XL that was huge in the gut for me. I may have to have them tailored because there isn't a Weezle size that fits me, I'm 6'3" with a 37" waist.

Craig.

I guess it depends on what you're comparing it to but I find the plus to be less buoyant than my old bare fleece suit. But fleece will be more buoyant than just about anything else...

does that help?

I have the Extreme + and haven't noticed a difference in my weighting compared to my older USIA undies.

Paula

A friend of mine just bought the Weezle extreme +. If anything she is thinking of dropping a couple of pounds off her weight belt.

I can compare between Extreme + and Bare CT200. Extreme+ needs 2 kilo's (about 4 pounds extra).

steven

Looks like a light dry undersuit each morning might be worth an extra pound or two.

I'd agree. I was thinking about my answer after logging off. I think the reason the extra 'fluff' doesn't make a difference is that the air squeezes out easily. Once I'm zipped up and do the squat and exhaust all extra air out the dry suit before diving trick, the air exhausts out of the Weezle material quite nicely.

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom