Weightbelt on Vacation

Do you bring your weights on a fly-away vacation?

• Yes

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 95 77.9%
  • I have integrated weights

Votes: 27 22.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wanted to make that official. :eek:ut:

~SubMariner~

i went to Sangalaki last year in Indonesia, the last but one part of the journey involved a small local airline, they weighed my hold luggage, then me, but left out my hand lugagge, err i had video, dive torches spare batteries and numerous other heavy items in there and they didn't blink.

I'm very thankful that no one has ever tried to weigh my carry on luggage. Since I pack for 6 months at a time (and take all my SCUBA gear minus tanks and weights), I'm always fighting to keep my luggage under weight. One solution to that is that I put everything heavy (books, regs, anything that weighs more than clothes) in my carry on. I have one of those carry on suitcases with wheels. More than once I've been getting situated on the plane when some kind gentleman tried to help me and put my bag up for me:eek: You should see the look on their faces...I generally just smile, thank them for their help and and put it up myself:D

Peace,
Cathie

I bring my belt and a couple of 1 pound weights. The rest will be waiting for me when I get to my destination.

I travel to maui yearly and usually for 3 weeks each time. This time we're here for 7 weeks. So what I've done is to purchase soft weights here and when I leave I hide them in a lava flow. I have a gps so I go right to the coordinates each time. Easy enough and I don't have to deal with carrying them. If I were to rent them here it would cost me several times their worth.

We also shore dive as well as boat dive. Our average is 3-4 tanks a day.

I have a weight belt with neoprene pockets for "standard" rectangular weights. Velcro closure, very quick and easy to load. I bring that and borrow the lead. Who wants to carry lead?

JPC

Back
Top Bottom