weight question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gross bouyancy checks should be done at the beginning, but fine tuning should be done at the end of the dive with near empty tanks. Record the weight needed for each gear configuation and environment you dive in. Your body fat changes and thus your personal bouyancy changes daily. Make allowances (even if they are SWAGs) as you progress... Try NOT to overweight too severely... I hate it as I do classes that more and more weight seems to come off of the students AND INTO MY WEIGHT POCKETS!!! Sure am glad I got a 100# lift bladder... (grin)

Sorry guys all these weight calcs won't work consider diving the Dead Sea, how much wait will you need then? Surely salinity is a real factor. Red Sea I'm 6 kilos, Indian Ocean 4 kilos. Good bouyancy checks at the location are a must.

I took a Nitrox exam without a calculator, took me 10 mins to remember how to do manual decimal long division!

Neil

But the principle is the same. Get neutral in ANY water type, and correct lead for that configuration in any other water type can be easily determined. The rest is just simple math and applied physics.

FT

the way i set new divers up is to start with 10% of their body weight do a bouancy check and add weight in 2lb. increments until properly weighted, also remember you will be more positive at the end of your dive because the volume in your tank is less. also a wetsuit will be less bouyant after it gets a few dives on it because it will compress somewhat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom