Weight Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug once bubbled...

Yes, it can be enough if you don't load your drysuit with air and you are using steel tanks... but if you are still diving the AL80 then you will need to add a channel weight or carry more on the belt.
Thanks for the confirmation, UP. I plan on asking to use a steel tank during my gear orientation dive with 5thD, and trying to only rent steel tanks until I can buy my own LP steel 95s. I dove an LP steel 95 the Sunday before last, and the difference between that and the AL80 I had dove with the day before was startling. Just about everyone I've talked to has recommended steel tanks over AL for me, and I couldn't agree more.

Also, thanks for the pointer to 5ThD. I would have never gone there without your recommendation.

Jimmie

Thanks for all the good info. Interesting replies. I had been wondering about how weighting would change going to this rig. I figured I wouldn't need 20# any longer, but wasn't sure. I guess it comes down to the buoyancy swing between a Zeagle and BP/Wings. My guess would have been roughly a 5 or 6 pound swing, but it sounds like some of you guys are able to drop more weight than that.

Now the real fun. Let the rigging begin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom