Weight of Mares Quattro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PARADISE HUNTER

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know the weight of a Mares Avanti Quattro open heal fin? I have looked on their website and it is not listed. I doubt if a bathroom scale would be sensative enough, but maybe a kitchen or packaging scale would work. I know it is an odd question but I would appreciate the help. Thanks.:D

I'm sure I've seen weight info in an old Scubadiving.com article but I just took a look for ya and found the review article but it didn't have the weight.

I'd say they are a touch heavier than similar fins because the tips are rubber. So, if you don't mind a guess I'll say 1.8 lbs.

Isn't the actual weight irrelevant (unless it's for packing purposes I suppose). In water, they are just about nuetral. I lost one on a dive and it pretty much hung in mid-water, then very slowly began to sink. Hope this helps.

Well, 1 small Quattro fin weighs 1lb 15oz (875 grams). I suppose there is a small weight increase for larger sizes.

Med sizes weight right at 2lbs each, with standard straps. I have a fairly accurate scale and measured them a while back. I was curious what my gear weighed.....or what the heck made my luggage so heavy. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom