Weight issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonjenn

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi new to site and diving
I have purchased a Cressi aqua light r bcd

it has intergated weight pockets where you unclip and the weight would just fall out I presume.

The bcd didn't come with weights.

Just wondering where and what type of weights I would need for this type of bcd and help muchly appreciated

many thanks in advance Jon

Where did you buy this? Didn't the dive shop show you how to use it? Or at least tell you how? You can use any lead hard or soft weights in a BC. How much is dependent on the BC and how much lead you need. What criteria did you use to purchase this?

Any kind of weight will work. I don't know where you intend to do your diving, but a very high percentage of divers do not own any weights. If you are going to be a vacation diver going on boats and such, they will usually give you the weights you need for the dive. You really only need to own weights if you are going to be diving locally without using a dive operation to set up the dives.

Hi new to site and diving
I have purchased a Cressi aqua light r bcd

it has intergated weight pockets where you unclip and the weight would just fall out I presume.

The bcd didn't come with weights.

Just wondering where and what type of weights I would need for this type of bcd and help muchly appreciated

many thanks in advance Jon

They're typically lead weights.

Wherever you rent your tank will also rent weights.

flots

While you can go with either, for local use I'd look for soft weights in pouches since the inflation on that BC will push them into your mid-section on the surface. Like these: Cressi Sea Pearls Weights. Accessories Weights, Scubastore.com, buy, offers, dive. Hard weights have corners so might be less comfortable.

Get coated ones, better for you and the environment.

Capture.JPG

Some options here also: Search results for: 'weights' | Deep Blue Dive

I own my own weights. Once you have done a few dives you will get an idea of what you need. Boats will often have weights. However, there is no guarantee that they will have the weights you want. I have been on boats where most of the weights were 4s. If I want 12 lbs this is a bit of a pain unless you get there early to graph some of the few lighter weights or bring your own.

For me it differs with wich of three wet suits I use and weither fresh or salt. Toss on whether I am using my HP100 or an AL80. A number of smaller weights makes it easy to adjust to what is needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom