Weight belts with batteries in them

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Chapman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I heard that a weight belt used to be made that had batteries in it. It was commercially made and as I understand it, was used for lights or cameras. Does anyone have any information about it? I would appreciate it. If this is not posted in the correct forum, please let me know. Thank you.

Battery powered weight belts!?!? Now I have officially heard it all so it is time for me to quit diving! But seriously it was probably just a pouch weight belt.

My understanding is that it had wires that attached to gear (camera or lights) that had quick disconnect so you could "dump your weights" if needed.

Maybe you mean batteries inside a depth rated canister that can slide onto a generic weight belt & held in place with triglides? An E/O type power cord connection to the lights/strobe can be attached or detached underwater.

What is an E/O connector?

An underwater mateable electrical connector originally patented and manufactured by Electro Oceanics... EO

The patent has long since expired and there are several manufacturers now.

Who manufactures E/O Cords?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom