Weezle Undergarment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lucille

Reaction score
I’m interested in purchasing the Weezle Extreme Plus (I’m always cold) and boots. Anyone have experience with the shipping time from UK, specifically www.simplyscuba.co.uk? Can this product be used safely with argon?

Lucille

Lucille
I ordered mine from Simply Scuba. Simply brilliant service! Speak to Jo. Delivery is about 5 working days via courier to Africa. Probably shorter to you.
The back-up service of Simply Scuba - incredibly good
Absolutely excellent suit. You can use Argon with no problem.
You might find you do not need the boots. Because your torso is nice and snugg, your body has excess heat for the feet!

I got my new Weezle Extreme yesterday and I had it in 38degree water and I was quite warm with no gas in the suit. I was wearing a Bare ATR-HD.

Craig.

Thanks so much for the info. I will call Jo to place my order tomorrow.

I use the Extreme (non +) and the weezle socks and like it. Now ive got a drysuit that doesnt leak very badly i was very warm just wearing it and some swim shorts in water thats roughly 45F. I do wear snowboarding socks under the weezle socks though.

Last year i sliced my drysuit leg open on a wreck - despite that i was still warm enough and comfortable enough to finish the dive, send DSMB up and surface normally.

I got mine off simplyscuba but im in the UK so cant comment on international shipping times.

Simply Scuba does a good job at filling orders but if you ever have a problem I hope you are close enough to go pound on their door in person. After months of trying to get them to return emails and phone calls (all the while getting spam from them) I finally gave up. I will never order from them again.

As for the Weezle... even with argon I get cold with a W.Extreme in a shell suit... it works fine with the CF200. 47F water.

Two other problems I've experienced with the Weezle were poor venting of gas and limited range of motion with the upper arms for reaching the valves. I solved the first by burning holes in the outer shell right under the exhaust valve and solved the second by having stretch panels sewn under the arms.

I Still haven't solved the problem of getting cold when diving with the shell suit squeezed and little movement (scootering, ect.)

Ordered an APEKs cuff dump valve off them at 6am Monday morning and received it at 9am Tuesday.

Twice ive had problems with simply scuba orders, one was a wrong mask sent and another involved a replacement torch bulb.
I had email response within 24hrs in both cases and within 3 days i had the correct product so all in all im quite happy.

Cant say ive experienced venting problems or movement prolems with the suit either - ive even taken to wearing the thing under normal clothes when its snowing and very cold outside as its so comfortable :)

Odd you should mention that... Quite often we go diving for the day, decide to stay overnight and use the things as a sleeping bag and sleep in the car.
I only got round to buying a sleeping bag after several months of using the Weezle (it was starting to smell and in need of a wash) :)

Its also great out walking in a sub zero blizzard as an underlayer for the rest of the clothes - especially as it wicks nicely.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom