weezle extreme vs. compact

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The compact is less bulky than the extreme and weights a bit less. The compact is good till 45 degrees or so (depends on your cold tolerence). The extreme is good of 32 degrees. I get cold easy, so I liked to extreme. They both do a great job. The compact seems to be more verstile for the season, but in the end, it is up to you to decide on what your level of cold and comfort are.

Eric

Eric,
Thanks,

Just one more thing if you care. How much more weight do you take with you when you go with the extreme vs. the compact?

--auc1

I see the WeezleExtreme Plus also listed for a bit more money.
However, there is no listing on Weezles' web site saying what the "Plus" is. does anyone know what the Plus is?
Another UK site that sells for a good price is www.sdswatersports.com
I've never ordered from the UK so I don't know what kind of "extra" charges besides shipping that you get hit with.

Hi all

I have an Extreme plus for winter diving in the UK , I don't think these are available off the shelf you may need to order them.

As a very general guide a compact may be equivalent to a 100gm, an extreme to a 200 gm and an extreme plus maybe a 300 gm.

They are different to some fleece type suits, as you wear nothing underneath them as the layer next to the skin wicks away any sweat and moisture keeping you dry and warm. If you decide on the compact you can put additional layers of protection over the top of them but you would need to do a weight check again.

When using a membrane suit the undersuit is probably the most overlooked part of scuba equipment.
The dry suit should keep you dry? But it offers no thermal protection. Cheap undersuits are usually bulky fleeces with a nylon shell or some may have thinsulate but it is difficult to find out how much thinsulate they contain or any thermal ratings that can be compared to competitors.

The downside to a warm suit is that in the summer you will be too hot! so you may need to look at two suits one for summer and one for winter.

Good luck Alban

Not sure on the weight difference, I just switched to an AL BP, but would guess it is about 5 - 6 pound difference. The Extreme Plus is their thickest suit. You can't wear the long boots with the suit as it is to thick. It is for the VERY cold water.

Eric

Thanks for all who replied, especialy Eric.

--auc1

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom