Weezing in my Abyss 05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

r00t0fallevil

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone...

Just got my Abyss 05 and logged some dives. This is my first reg and I am not sure what to expect. On my first few dives the reg breathes well however the reg sounds like I am weezing. Is this normal? On subsequent dives the weazing seemed to be less? Should I keep diving with this reg or bring it in for servicing?

Thanks!
-r00t

r00t0fallevil:
Hey everyone...

Just got my Abyss 05 and logged some dives. This is my first reg and I am not sure what to expect. On my first few dives the reg breathes well however the reg sounds like I am weezing. Is this normal? On subsequent dives the weazing seemed to be less? Should I keep diving with this reg or bring it in for servicing?

Thanks!
-r00t

Is it wheezing on the inhale or exhale?

My Genesis GS2000 does the same thing from time to time, usually, I have the flow dialed back a smidge too much. I adjust for a little more airflow and everything works tickityboo. I learned that one from my LDS.

Canadian_Diver:
Is it wheezing on the inhale or exhale?

My Genesis GS2000 does the same thing from time to time, usually, I have the flow dialed back a smidge too much. I adjust for a little more airflow and everything works tickityboo. I learned that one from my LDS.

Hey Canadian_Diver,

the weezing happens onexhale i believe. Does that mean I need to tweek the reg a little?

Thanks for your reply!

-r00t

Mine was doing it after servicing as well but the noise disappeared after couple of dives.
If you want to know for sure, let the people who sold it to you check it through :wink:

Thanks for the response.

I will be diving soon in the near future. So I guess before I go returning anything I will see if the weezing goes away.

Thanks again!
-r00t

r00t0fallevil:
Thanks for the response.

I will be diving soon in the near future. So I guess before I go returning anything I will see if the weezing goes away.

Thanks again!
-r00t

I agree. I wouldn't worry too much if it's wheezing on the exhale. To be safe though, you may want to stop in at your LDS for them to just quickly check it over. It's always safe to err on the side of caution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom