Weekend dive trips from Bangkok

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In agreement with RussBKK here. Quite often dive locations in the Gulf of Thailand - Pattaya, Koh Tao etc get slated for their poor conditions. Yes, its not the best diving you'l do in the world ever. But it IS still great diving if you ask the right questions, pick the right dive centre and visit the right dive sites. Contrary to popular opinion, all of our coral is certainly not dead, and there is a wide variety of marine life to see. Oh, and did we mention the water is nice and warm?!?!

Happy diving :)

In agreement with RussBKK here. Quite often dive locations in the Gulf of Thailand - Pattaya, Koh Tao etc get slated for their poor conditions. Yes, its not the best diving you'l do in the world ever. But it IS still great diving if you ask the right questions, pick the right dive centre and visit the right dive sites. Contrary to popular opinion, all of our coral is certainly not dead, and there is a wide variety of marine life to see. Oh, and did we mention the water is nice and warm?!?!

Happy diving :)

You are quite right, the diving in Koh Tao is significantly better than Pattaya, as is Koh Chang at the right time of year. When I made reference to dead coral etc I was referring specifically to Pattaya, not the Gulf of Thailand in general.
The gulf of Thailand and the Andaman sea are very different places and as anything that is dependent on nature and weather both will have good days and both will have bad days. But the simple fact is that in general the Andaman sea has so much more to offer a diver year round.

I'm finding a lot of conflicting information on Phuket. Can someone help me out with a good locale for a weekend getaway that has access to some of the better diving sites. I'm flying friday night, diving saturday and relaxing sunday with a visitor. Pretty beach for relaxing sunday would be perfect.

Thanks for the information on dive clubs, I'll be joining this week!

I'm finding a lot of conflicting information on Phuket. Can someone help me out with a good locale for a weekend getaway that has access to some of the better diving sites. I'm flying friday night, diving saturday and relaxing sunday with a visitor. Pretty beach for relaxing sunday would be perfect.

Thanks for the information on dive clubs, I'll be joining this week!
FRom all areas in the south, so Nai Harn, Rawai, Kata, Karon, Patong, you have access to the best divesites (Shark Point area or Phi Phi, or a combination trip to Phi Phi plus Shark point). From these places transfers to the boat are included.

I would recommend Nai Harn, Rawai, Kata or Karon, since these places are closest to the departure point of the boats, which is Chalong. Kata and Nai Harn have IMO the nicest beaches of these places.

Regarding accommodation, what kind of place are you looking for?

Something nice and romantic that's not going to break the bank. We're both water babies so we'll be spending Saturday diving and most of Sunday in the water swimming (in the ocean) rain, hail or shine.

Things like a nice pool and fancy bar aren't high on the list, but I would like a nice room and a nice bed. to put a price tag on it, I spent 8,000bhat in Chiang Mai this weekend just gone and am happy to spend up to I guess 10,000. beach front resort would be ideal, but not sure if that'll fit in the budget.

now I some areas (thank you very much for that) I'll have a look on the usual booking sites and see what's on offer.

Any Dive Operators to avoid/jump on?

Feel free to PM me. I'm fine with keeping it in the "family" :) Kata Beach looks as good as anywhere else....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom