Weekend cave diving France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. With a standard technical set of doubles backmount.
So not an issue.
I don't think it's allowed in the US with most agencies, but obviously things are different over there. No real negative thoughts on the idea, it's just not something you see over here.

It's not against standards for three of the four agencies I'm a cave instructor with. I only know one or two instructors that would consider it though.

Visibility today in the Ressel:
your student?
They did a good job considering the gloves, the rocks, and the water temps.

It's not against standards for three of the four agencies I'm a cave instructor with. I only know one or two instructors that would consider it though.
Good to know. I just never see it and a few instructors I've spoken with are against it so I probably made assumptions

your student?
They did a good job considering the gloves, the rocks, and the water temps.
Not my students during this cave course since I'm not a cave instructor, but I did their technical training till this course.
I tagged along for a week to assist or be the third diver for e.g. team repositioning exercises. And film them, using the videos for feedback in the evenings.

The lost line exercise took about 8-10 minutes for each student. The mistakes, wrong directions, etc. are not in the 1-minute movie as that would only lead to endless armchair comments.

It was absolutely fun for me. The opportunity to see a very experienced instructor teach has given me many ideas to improve my own teaching.
________

About the rebreather of the instructor: it's a chest-mounted Triton, which uses the OC set for diluent.
So in case of problems, the instructor can bail-out to his standard OC system (technical set of doubles), or can share gas with a student as if there is no rebreather.
This afternoon I got the opportunity to take a Triton completely apart and build it back up. Very interesting device, this one might become my first step towards CCR.

About the rebreather of the instructor: it's a chest-mounted Triton, which uses the OC set for diluent.
So in case of problems, the instructor can bail-out to his standard OC system (technical set of doubles), or can share gas with a student as if there is no rebreather.
This afternoon I got the opportunity to take a Triton completely apart and build it back up. Very interesting device, this one might become my first step towards CCR.
I've got no issue with it, it's just not common to see here in our cave training. But then again neither are chest mounted rebreathers. Though everytime I was in the Lot, I saw a ton of them

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom