Weekend cave diving France

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After 950m you go below 30meter, that isn’t soon. You might think about saint sauveur, after 200meter you reach 70meter.
But yes contact Oli, conditions aren’t great atm but he knows where to go.

Cabouy and St. George drop straight to 30 meters at the entrance. Then you go up again to a depth of about 20 meters. For me as GUE cave 1 diver they where fun to dive but with these depths you can reach turn pressure pretty fast.

Landenouse is not too deep and a great cave to visit in my opinion. In Ressel we where limited to the point where we reached the second T (soon after the drop follows anyway) but that is not the case in Landenouse. These caves are also not too far apart so can be visited on the same day.

Landenouse is deep at the end aswell but indeed it’s a realy nice cave and you can get far without going to deep.

Attachments

• 3FC9578E-8062-4900-8A91-FA8992D117FA.png
    3FC9578E-8062-4900-8A91-FA8992D117FA.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 81
Landenouse is deep at the end aswell but indeed it’s a realy nice cave and you can get far without going to deep.

Where you using a DPV on that dive? We got about as far as 410 meter (according to the markings on the line) which took us almost 30 minutes.

Screenshot_20211002-172904_Shearwater.jpg

We did actually, pretty impressive according to some of our cave diving friends.

Cave diving with a DPV would be really awesome I guess, but we still have a long way to go before that's going to happen.

So, seems Olivier is fully booked for October. I've reached out to LotCavediving.Eu, but if anyone have other recommendations, that would be much appreciated!

So, I'm strictly recommended not to go for the caves this weekend, due to very bad visibility - would one week typically be sufficient to clear up the visibility?

Well, I'd say 1 week without rain would help, the problem is it's been pouring buckets almost everyday in South West France for about 2 weeks. I'm not sure if the weather's about to improve. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Just to update:

I did get 4 great dives this weekend with Lot filling station / Gregory :)

I was lucky enough to dive Du Russel, Source de Landenouce, Saint George and finally font del Truffet.

I belive all the dives was my coolest dive to date when dove them!

A brilliant weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom