Wednesday Photo ~ Seahorses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Oly C-4040, PT-10, full macro

aaf.jpg

What more can I say?

~SubMariner~

be able to see these creatures.

Jim where was that taken ?

Where's the best place to be able to see them ?

Cheers all you brightened up my day.

Phill

That was taken in PNG.

I dunno where the best place to see them is. You find them all over SE Asia and parts of the W & E Pacific, a few places in the Caribbean, all sorts of locations. Where the best is, I ain't a clue!

Anyone any bright ideas on that?

when you drink at lunch time. Instead of getting double vision I had "an extra 50%" vision, and could have sworn you put 3 Ls in your name, but quite clearly you didn't so ignore the ramblings of a drunk old fool!

Wow, these are some great shots! Seahorses are amazing creatures, though I have yet to see one in the wild... :(

-Roman.

Hoppy.....we see seahorses all over the Caribbean. The trick is finding your first one! I looked for ages for my first one. Divers were telling me where several were located, what color they were, which piece of coral or sponge they were attached to....I still couldn't find one. So finally one of the DM's went with me and actually had to almost touch it, pointing with his finger, before I saw it. Talk about feeling stupid! Now they are relatively easy to find once I understand where they are likely to hide.

Great pictures! I saw my first one in St. Lucia.
I wear a lapel pin of one, on my everyday blazer.
They are my favorite!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom